Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alas . . . only one bloom this year

+5
Velodog2
moyogijohn
landerloos
Tom Simonyi
JimLewis
9 posters

Go down

Alas . . . only one bloom this year Empty Alas . . . only one bloom this year

Post  JimLewis Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Maybe it was the odd winter . . . but who knows with Wisteria?

Alas . . . only one bloom this year 3-1210
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Alas . . . only one bloom this year Empty Re: Alas . . . only one bloom this year

Post  Tom Simonyi Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi, Jim....I have always enjoyed your wisterias, and this one is no exception...thanks for sharing...the lone bloom is very lovely.
Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Alas . . . only one bloom this year Empty Re: Alas . . . only one bloom this year

Post  landerloos Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Jim didnt you hear about less is more Wink

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Alas . . . only one bloom this year Empty Alas only one bloom this year

Post  moyogijohn Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:47 pm

JIM,,,NO matter the one is great.. that is a nice tree.. i saw one today about like it for 25.oo ..almost but i got in the truck and left !! looking good take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Velodog2 Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Ah it looks perfect like that Jim.

Mine was packed with buds but they are mush now since the hard freeze last night here in western maryland. The tree is too heavy for me to bring indoors ...

Velodog2

Back to top Go down

Post  lordy Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:33 am

I am envious. I have one in the ground that is prolific, and I acquired one last year that is now in a container but it doesnt look very likely to bloom. I am hopeful still. Jim, you have a winner there.
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamDunham Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:35 am

Very nice tree. Thank you for sharing.
AdamDunham
AdamDunham

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:35 pm

One more than I had this year...
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  abcd Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

I have a 40-year-old wisteria , the flowers are already almost open today flowers are open , 1 month earlier.
the winter was very cold in France (-20 ° C), I think it is the cause
Alas . . . only one bloom this year Dscn9411
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Lovely!
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  lordy Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:55 am

My 25+ yr old landscape wisteria had 2" long blooms covering it when the freak freeze hit early this week...now the blooms are all withered and faded. They never made it to bloom. I never thought they would be effected like they were. I could have easily tossed a tarp over it for the night.
Those of you who have them should pay attention to the freezes that still may be out there. On the east coast (US) we have been graced with an extremely early spring and mild winter. Everything is out at least 2 weeks early here. The weather was just being normal.
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down