Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dryland Ficus

3 posters

Go down

Dryland Ficus Empty Dryland Ficus

Post  Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:26 am

In January 2009 I found this Ficus rubiginosa growing on a rock ledge above an old bullocky track that crossed a friends property in the Hunter Valley. I was given permission to collect it & didnt turn it down. Overall dimensions are about 45cm high by 75cm wide, the base is approx 35cm across & just 5-8cm thick with most of the upper surface being deadwood. Apart from removing a few minor trunks & selective pruning of new shoots no other styling has been done.
Dryland Ficus 100_4310
Dryland Ficus 100_4311

Comments & critique welcomed.

Matt

Ed: spelling

Back to top Go down

Dryland Ficus Empty hi Mata

Post  tap pi lu Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 am

bạn có thể cho nghiêng hai cây nhỏ
Dryland Ficus Nghien10
hoặc chỉ cần rút ngắn hai cây lớn
Dryland Ficus Cut10
hợac dựng thẳng đứng hai thân cây to và rút ngắn một chút chiều cao của chúng
tap pi lu
tap pi lu

Back to top Go down

Dryland Ficus Empty dry land ficus

Post  moyogijohn Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:27 pm

MATT,,, your tree is nice !! i never saw a ficus in this form.. good find.. take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Dryland Ficus Empty Re: Dryland Ficus

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 am

Hi tap pi lu, I considered bending the two smaller trunks but due to the slow growth rates the wood is extremely brittle. I really like the look of the shorter trunks in your second virtual. Something for me to think on, thankyou for your comments.
(Hi tap pi lu, tôi coi là uốn cong hai thân nhỏ hơn, nhưng do tốc độ tăng trưởng chậm gỗ là cực kỳ dễ vỡ. Tôi thực sự thích giao diện thân ngắn hơn trong ảo thứ hai của bạn. Một cái gì đó cho tôi để suy nghĩ về cảm ơn để cho ý kiến ​​của bạn.
PS Tôi hy vọng bản dịch được ngay, tôi sử dụng google)

John, thanks for your comments, I too have never seen a fig with this form. One of the joys of yamadori hunting Very Happy

Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Woosley Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Matt, i like your ficus very much. I dont think the rocks belong though. The material looks very old. Well done.
Peter Woosley
Peter Woosley

Back to top Go down

Dryland Ficus Empty hi Matt

Post  tap pi lu Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:15 am

MattA wrote:Hi tap pi lu, I considered bending the two smaller trunks but due to the slow growth rates the wood is extremely brittle. I really like the look of the shorter trunks in your second virtual. Something for me to think on, thankyou for your comments.
(Hi tap pi lu, tôi coi là uốn cong hai thân nhỏ hơn, nhưng do tốc độ tăng trưởng chậm gỗ là cực kỳ dễ vỡ. Tôi thực sự thích giao diện thân ngắn hơn trong ảo thứ hai của bạn. Một cái gì đó cho tôi để suy nghĩ về cảm ơn để cho ý kiến ​​của bạn.
PS Tôi hy vọng bản dịch được ngay, tôi sử dụng google)

John, thanks for your comments, I too have never seen a fig with this form. One of the joys of yamadori hunting Very Happy

Matt

bạn thử phương pháp này
Dryland Ficus Tander10
Dryland Ficus Turn-full
chậm chậm từng ngày một chúc bạn thành công
tap pi lu
tap pi lu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi tap pi lu,
I have used that method with other trees. At the moment I am happy to enjoy the story nature has told, its future only time can tell.
Hi tap pi lu, tôi đã sử dụng phương pháp với các loại cây khác.Tại thời điểm này tôi hạnh phúc để thưởng thức bản chất câu chuyện đã nói, thời gian duy nhất trong tương lai của nó có thể cho biết.

Peter,
Thanks for your comments. Most of the upper surface is deadwood that has been hardened by many fires, the bottom insulated by the stone it grew atop. I have a solid piece of sandstone under the base to help keep it dry, the surface stone helps to keep soil moisture levels and temperature more even. With regards age I cannot estimate but great age when growth rings range between 6 & 10 per 0.5mm.

A close up of some deadwood.
Dryland Ficus R0014810

Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down