Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai Fertilizer: Looking to target specific growth patterns

2 posters

Go down

Bonsai Fertilizer: Looking to target specific growth patterns Empty Bonsai Fertilizer: Looking to target specific growth patterns

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:40 pm

I just "havested" a Juniper from my lawn (yard-a-storee, sarry, couldn't help myself Twisted Evil ).

So far there is no new growth of foliage and there might not be any for some time as the roots work to establish themselves in the new container.

I have been watering with a dilute rooting compound to attempt to give it a head start.

Is this necessary, or should I not fertilize at all until new growth is identified (as in repotting).

Thanks,

forbey
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Bonsai Fertilizer: Looking to target specific growth patterns Empty Re: Bonsai Fertilizer: Looking to target specific growth patterns

Post  Rick Moquin Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Everything I repot gets a dose of 10-52-10 at half strength followed by a dose at full strength 2 weeks later, then on to my normal feeding regime. Plant product used to call this stuff, transplant fert. I also do this when trees go in for landscape purposes.
Rick Moquin
Rick Moquin

Back to top Go down