Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer

+3
growlikecrazy
JimLewis
waway
7 posters

Go down

using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer Empty using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer

Post  waway Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Good day everyone.

I'm just curious, could I use rooting/growth hormone together with a high nitrogen inorganic or organic fertilizer? I've read somewhere on the net that IBA or NAA prevents the tree from budding, making the tree dormant while growing the roots. Is it still necessary to use rooting/growth hormone on newly transplanted trees or a balance or my regular fertilizer is enough for my tree? What should I feed my trees to reduce shock/stress? By the way, I accidentally break/cut almost 50% of the roots.

Sorry if I'm bothering to ask you guys with this naive inquisition, I don't to fully understand the things mentioned on the articles of IBA and NAA or anything to do with transplant shock. FYI, I live in the tropics.

warren.

waway

Back to top Go down

using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer Empty Re: using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer

Post  JimLewis Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Well, that's a new one to me. I don't think I'd count on it.

I do know, however, that the rooting hormones are for pushing NON-root tissue to sprout roots. It actually inhibits growth when applied to living roots. I know that most of us can't resist dusting a bit of Rootone on the ends of large cut roots, but I suspect we shouldn't.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer Empty Re: using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer

Post  waway Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:09 am

Thanks jim for your thoughts. I should do the same, stay away from rooting hormone.

What should I feed my trees during these "recovery from stress" days? That would in a way help them shorten their recovery time.

waway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Just a balanced fertilizer. Read the label and follow directions.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  waway Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:41 am

Thank you Jim Smile

waway

Back to top Go down

Post  growlikecrazy Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:27 am

You must use natural organic fertilizers as protogrow used by me containing natural sea nutrients having ability to grow ordinary plants into nutritionally dense giants that it has virtually eliminated the need for harsh chemical fertilizers.Safe-fertilizer-reviews dot com providing best reviews of gardening services for organic gardening. Very Happy

growlikecrazy

Back to top Go down

using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer Empty re using root hormone

Post  john5555leonard Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 pm

whatabout using vit b 1 , thats supposed to be a stress reducer for transplanting trees, all the bonsai guys out here use it including me , imust admit i dont know a lot about it, but it seems to work , does anybody have more info on it ??

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer Empty re using root hormone

Post  john5555leonard Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:36 pm

forgot, when you refer to recovery, and stress i assume you mean after transplanting or collection from the wild, in which case the last thing you want to do is give them any fertilizer at all for at least a month . vit b1 is ok though, but only once . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Yes, but reading this article Debunking the Myths of Bonsai one can see that vitamins and other stuff have not real impact on trees....
I have also read here on IBC something similar said by Jim Lewis, if I'm wrong please correct me.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:30 pm

First of all, transplanting conditions in the tropics are different from those in the North, even in summer, so we need to allow for it.
Please be clear about which hormone you are referring to, rooting hormone or something else.
Superthrive, which contains Vitamin B1 and rooting hormones, is widely sold, but it has never been scientifically tested. The formula is a secret. On the other hand, fish emulsion & seaweed extract have been rigorously tested and found to be helpful. If you want to use an additive to promote recovery in yamadori or transplanted stock, try seaweed extract. Fish emulsion combats root pathogens in the soil, at least for seedlings.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:20 pm

You must use natural organic fertilizers as protogrow used by me containing natural sea

"Must?" I don't think so.

And please . . . NO COMMERCIALS on the forum. If you want to tout a product, buy an ad somewhere.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

using rooting/growth hormone together with other organic/inorganic fertilizer Empty Using Rooting/Growth Hormone

Post  bonsaisr Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:01 am

Mr. Protogrow has trolled here before. He is a fake.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 am

Waway,
kabayan, what i used during the transpant/repot, or newly collected tree is an organic feertilizer- bat guano. then no fertilizer unless the tree is established and achieved a healthy stage. so no grace period of time required, one month or six months- it doesnt matter. some trees recovers longer than others, a good example in our trees would be bantigue against kamagong...my personal experience with my longest ever recovering tree is one of my kamagong which took 7 months before shoots comes out, with bantigue new shoots appears in a week or two. but also consider the season. b1 vitamin doesnt help.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  HGHEddy Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:45 am

I am also searching for this answer...

HGHEddy

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Well, we've given it. No root hormone, and yes fertilizer. You may use organic or not as you prefer.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down