Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos disappeared, can't figure out why

4 posters

Go down

Photos disappeared, can't figure out why Empty Photos disappeared, can't figure out why

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:42 pm

OK, since yesterday, my ability to view the posted photos in the forum has ceased. All I get are little square images that show a photo was posted there.

I've checked my Internet Options settings and cleaned out the excess junk, still no luck.

Could some, more Internet savvy than me, provide an option, other than C4?

Thanks,

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Photos disappeared, can't figure out why Empty Re: Photos disappeared, can't figure out why

Post  JimLewis Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:03 pm

What browser/version? Has it "updated" itself recently? Have you changed anything else on your machine (software, settings, etc.)
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Photos disappeared, can't figure out why Empty Re: Photos disappeared, can't figure out why

Post  John Quinn Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 pm

And then there's the usual housekeeping...delete your browser cache and cookies, then log in again.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:20 pm

I use Google Chrome, it updates itself whenever opened.

I did delete all the "trash". I did not reboot. I'll try that and get back.
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Rebooted twice, redid the history/cookie/temp cleanout and rebooted, still no inserted photos. I can still view personal avatars, just not inserted images.
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 pm

Do you have another browser you can try? IE, Firefox, Opera?

How about other sites? BonsaiSite or Bonsai Nut?
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Sounds like it could be a filter issue...are you accessing from work or home...Often time businesses/Schools will install Internet filters...if they are blocking the image hosting site than you will just see a blank box or blank space.

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Still bonsai "blind". I belong to several other forums (fori?) I can see the images in them. I can still see most of the images in the avatar space, just can't see inserted images.
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:40 pm

How about using a different browser? Try Chrome. Or Firefox.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Using Chrome, tried Explorer, don't have others. Situation is getting worse, but still doesn't effect other forums.
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Firefox is free. I don't know enough about Chrome to give suggestions; when I tried it I did NOT like how little you could manipulate it.

I suggest you download Firefox and give it a try.

I don't know which version of Windows you are using, but look under Control Panel - Programs - Default Programs (or Associate a program with an action) -- Various Windows versions call them various things. And see what programs you have selected to show *.jpeg, *.gif, etc. graphics files. That setting may have gotten inadvertently jiggled. There may be other settings under Comntrol Panel that would affect it, too. I gave up memorizing most all of that Widows stuff several versions ago, but the more I think about it, the more I think the Control Panel will have your solution somewhere, since you seem to be having the problem with more than one browser.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Started using my tablet instead of the pc. Everything is visible there.

Screw the pc!

Hopefully, I'll get it fixed someday! Razz
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down