Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm

+4
moyogijohn
coh
Nemphis
Mr Miyagi
8 posters

Go down

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Empty Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:55 pm

A few I’ve collected so far. All came from the same small area of woodland owned by a local farmer.

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Sam_2420

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0316

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0317

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0318

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0244

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0245

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0246

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0247

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0248

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0249

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0250

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0251

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Dscn0111

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Empty Re: Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:59 pm

NICE!

Please keep us updated on those lovely ones...

My favoirte would have to be the one with the cadbary egg in the pot.

Back to top Go down

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Empty Re: Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:15 pm

wolfHhowling wrote: NICE!

Please keep us updated on those lovely ones...

My favoirte would have to be the one with the cadbary egg in the pot.

Thanks WolfHhowling,
Will do. Will let them have a year to relax now. Smile
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemphis Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Wild rose for bonsai?
It is possible?
Nemphis
Nemphis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Nemphis wrote:Wild rose for bonsai?
It is possible?

Hi Nemphis, It is indeed. Check this link out. Very Happy

http://www.bonsai-fachforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19463&hilit=rose

Thanks Sam
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:59 pm

And this one from IBC of Ed van der Reek's.
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Which one(s) is (are) the wild rose? Not sure which photo is which tree.

I've seen photos of wild rose bonsai and they look interesting. We have them growing all over our yard and some have really fragrant flowers and beautiful red hips. But the thorns are viscious! Most are Rosa multiflora or hybrids with other species.
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 pm

coh wrote:Which one(s) is (are) the wild rose? Not sure which photo is which tree.

I've seen photos of wild rose bonsai and they look interesting. We have them growing all over our yard and some have really fragrant flowers and beautiful red hips. But the thorns are viscious! Most are Rosa multiflora or hybrids with other species.

Hi Chris. It is the 6th picture down. Not sure the exact species or what the flowers look like. It is very big for a rose though with the nebari filling the whole sink bowl.

Sam
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Oops! I guess I should have known...thorns! Somehow didn't see them the first time...
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Collected Wild Cherry, Wild Rose, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn & Elm Empty collected wild cherry,wild rose,honeysuckle,hawthorn,elm

Post  moyogijohn Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 pm

MR. MIYAGI,,,You have been very busy!!! looks like a great bunch of trees. you say they all came from the same area lucky man !! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm

LOVE the honeysuckle!!!!! And not just because of the Cadbury egg.

Have a great week!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi John, Yes was very lucky. The area is due to be cleared wit in the next 3 years to make way for a new barn and there is plenty more good quality material to be had. Probably won’t manage them all this year. This little lot is only the beginning though. Forgot to say that the honeysuckle didn’t come from the same spot. That ones from my father’s back garden.

Thanks Sam I love the honeysuckle too . Just cured it of a small infestation of wood worm
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 am

Nice bunch you got! thumbs up I am happy for you (we should form a club LOL).

If these are mine, there are a few I would probably cut a bit shorter though. Wink I am a proponent of removing as much of what I will never need later...that includes removing or shortening branches. This way, all the new growth will be closer where I need them and not be trimmed again later. Of course there are times when you really do not know what to do yet, in which case it is fine to leave more than necessary and cut later.

Hope all of them survive!
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Miyagi Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 am

Poink88 wrote:Nice bunch you got! thumbs up I am happy for you (we should form a club LOL).

If these are mine, there are a few I would probably cut a bit shorter though. Wink I am a proponent of removing as much of what I will never need later...that includes removing or shortening branches. This way, all the new growth will be closer where I need them and not be trimmed again later. Of course there are times when you really do not know what to do yet, in which case it is fine to leave more than necessary and cut later.

Hope all of them survive!

Thanks Dario, I'm hoping they survive too. I have high hopes though as most came up with plenty of roots. Definitely intending to cut them back further as well but been so busy collecting I haven’t had a chance to really consider their options.

Sam
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:06 am

What's the 1st and 2nd pictured tree? I think those are my favorite of the bunch.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Miyagi Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 am

Poink88 wrote:What's the 1st and 2nd pictured tree? I think those are my favorite of the bunch.

Hi Dario, Both are English Elm's.
Sam
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:18 pm

What a find Mr Miyagi!! I wish my luck was that good Wink Congrats!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  tifa Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Nemphis wrote:Wild rose for bonsai?
It is possible?

Hi Nemphis, It is indeed. Check this link out. Very Happy

http://www.bonsai-fachforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19463&hilit=rose

Thanks Sam

OMG !! That is absolutly stunning !! Another on my ever increasing list ! Laughing

Tifa
tifa
tifa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down