Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition)

+16
newzealandteatree
Mnhthu99
kauaibonsai
AlainK
coh
Russell Coker
Jerry Meislik
cosmos
sunip
marcus watts
DaveV.
Hank Miller
Budi Sulistyo
Hans van Meer.
Jesse
jrodriguez
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition)

Post  jrodriguez Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Callistemon viminalis (Bottle Brush tree)
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Bottle10
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition)

Post  sunip Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello Jose Luis,
Thank you for posting.
Now we can learn about the Taiwanese way of bonsai.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Mouth Watering

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 pm

sunip wrote:Hello Jose Luis,
Thank you for posting.
Now we can learn about the Taiwanese way of bonsai.
Sunip Wink

Sunip,

Taiwanese bonsai has special character. They have developed their own style and are always looking for ways to evolve and better their styling skills. I will plan to share more insights in the future.

Warm regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Meislik Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 am

Jose Luis,
thanks for sharing the images of this exhibition. It highlights the quality and style of Taiwanese bonsai.
Jerry
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Empty Let's keep this going!!!

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:06 pm

In an effort to keep offering a pictorial tool for those interested in the Taiwanese bonsai school, i will post a couple more trees. Below a Taiwan Juniper, like all the ones posted in this thread, from field grown stock:

Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Twj10

Last edited by jrodriguez on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Another one
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Twj_210
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Twj_310
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Twj_410
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:10 pm

A stone celtis, Celtis formosana
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Stone_10
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Really stunning trees Jose Luis!

Thanks for sharing these new images.

Keep them coming please.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:16 pm

jun wrote:Really stunning trees Jose Luis!

Thanks for sharing these new images.

Keep them coming please.

regards,
jun

Jun,

Later on, I will post some shohin bonsai. Because of the popularity they are gaining nowadays, it is hard to ignore them!!!

Has the date for the ABFF been decided? Will it finally be in November?

Warm regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Yes Jose Luis. November it is.

Are you coming over?

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:23 pm

jun wrote:Yes Jose Luis. November it is.

Are you coming over?

regards,
jun Smile

I am thinking about it.
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Shohin bonsai Celtis sinensis
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Stc10
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Award winning Shohin Bonsai display
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Std10
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Shohin bonsai Hibiscus tiliaceus
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Sth10
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Shohin bonsai Trachelospermum asiaticum
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Stj11
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Shohin Bonsai Premna microphylla
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Stp10
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Shohin bonsai Pyracantha coccinea
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Stp210
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Not Shohin bonsai, but still beautiful...Celtis sinensis
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Bc10
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Eurya emarginata
Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition) - Page 3 Eurya10
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Jose Luis, I can't begin to tell you how much I look forward to and appreciate the pictures you post from Taiwan. These bonsai have a look and feel all their own and simply take my breath away. The fact that those junipers where created by the hands of man and not Mother Nature is hard to believe. And the variety of material, that gardenia and bottle brush, I'm just speechless!

Thanks again, you can NEVER post too many pictures for me!

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Russell Coker wrote:

Jose Luis, I can't begin to tell you how much I look forward to and appreciate the pictures you post from Taiwan. These bonsai have a look and feel all their own and simply take my breath away. The fact that those junipers where created by the hands of man and not Mother Nature is hard to believe. And the variety of material, that gardenia and bottle brush, I'm just speechless!

Thanks again, you can NEVER post too many pictures for me!

R

Russell,

Thanks for the kind words. I actually posted the Camellia with you in mind. Just for fun, I will post other Camellias that were featured in the show.

By the way, I purposely left out 99% of the ficus bonsai that were displayed. I want people to look at the inmense variety of trees Tawian has to offer.

Warm regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Stunning trees and great variety...thanks so much for taking the time to do this! I'd also like to see some of the other camellias...
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next