Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Stone

2 posters

Go down

Island Stone Empty Island Stone

Post  Tom Simonyi Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:52 pm

I have posted this composition before but am still tweaking it....I changed the angle of the suiban completely because I wanted to create the impression of a person(s) approaching the beach. The material below the water line was fashioned from a mixture of clear epoxy and sand. It has taken me quite some time to get to this point, but I am pleased with the composition. I welcome input as always.

Regards,
TomIsland Stone Island10
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Island Stone Empty Re: Island Stone

Post  Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:42 am

Hi Tom

It is is pretty little naturescene, with a little ying and yang ower it, and if you are happy about it, can I understand.
But it has for many reasons nothing to do with exhibit of suiseki. I think you know Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Yes, Yvonne....and thank you, I fully understand what you are saying....regarding suiseki I realize this composition is way outside the box to be considered as such...my passion for creating it was driven by my love for the peaceful nature of beach settings. If others share a love for such settings they may enjoy it...that is why I shared it.

Best regards,
Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:35 pm

A somewhat more pleasing angle I think.Island Stone Stone_13
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Tom

Your stone look lovely...but the presentation looks wierd to me....I guess I am too stuck in traditionel suiseki Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:57 pm

I like things that are a little different, especially if they are shared with other tradional methods of display. I say that while shuddering when i think of stones on cushions. I don't know why but that offends me. a friend of mine
brought a little creativity to his frog stone by making the daiza look more like a lilly pad.( t op left in the pic) Different, it was displayed at our show
in conjunction with Bon Odori at the White River Buddist temple, this frog was a big crowd pleaser.Island Stone Img_2114
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Dick

Do you have better photos?, I would be happy to have a closer look at them all

The frogdisplay is diffrent from the other stones...but it is still traditionel.....traditionel is many things Smile
maybe you never saw a very good stone on a very nice cussion....This is really old tradition, as far as I know is it originated in China.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info on the cushions...thought it was more of a modern day development. So now maybe i can be more tolerant ( but I still don't like the looks Smile )Island Stone Img_1911
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down