Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse on the rock

3 posters

Go down

Mouse on the rock Empty Mouse on the rock

Post  Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi IBC.

I found a good rock....
Dig 1 to 2 inches into it...
Wash the rock...
Drill a hole...

Mouse on the rock Dsc_1135

Get a tree (Vitex "mouse" hehehe) planted in a wrong pot from my garden...
Mouse on the rock Dsc_1136

Planted the "mouse"...
Mouse on the rock Dsc_1217

Now I got a "Mouse" on the rock
Mouse on the rock Dsc_1218

How was it? If not good I have Vitex "bedbug"---- "bedbug" on the rock bed... silent

regards,
jun pig ( not mouse emoticon...pig will do)

Back to top Go down

Mouse on the rock Empty Re: Mouse on the rock

Post  abcd Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:29 pm

hello, to have more volume and a smaller weight, you could have completely cut the stone and make a hole, then paste below a bottom stratified glass resin
The stone is too long and too thick , look to the photographie.[img]Mouse on the rock Stone10[/img]
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi ABCDE.

This specie can live in a very small amount of soil, almost like a ficus. I have the same specie of this tree living totally without a soil. planted on top of a rock...

post it later for you.

Too long, yup...in fact it is still too short for my objective design just can't find any bigger rock for now, if I found one I'll placed the tree there. but not too thick, the thickest part is just 3 inches,,, one and one half man lift easily.

Thanks though.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi Jun
I love the composition, especially the use of negitive space. I think when you get it mossed in it will combine the two elements.

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:32 pm

abcd wrote:hello, to have more volume and a smaller weight, you could have completely cut the stone and make a hole, then paste below a bottom stratified glass resin
The stone is too long and too thick , look to the photographie.[img]Mouse on the rock Stone10[/img]

Hi.

Didn't notice the Photo editing you did until I opened up the thread again...my apology. this time I got what you meant by the slab thickness and length. That looks good, thanks again. The left side edge looks better, but I would still prefer it on a longer slab with your tip design of the slab added to it.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks Mitch.
I was thinking of using sand with color the same as the tree trunk and the rock coloration, to have a more surrealistic effect, and thin out the foliage pad more.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Mouse on the rock Empty Mouse on A ROCK

Post  moyogijohn Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:05 am

JUN,, This one looks good also!! i just can,t see how you plant these trees in so little soil.. i wish we could get these trees here.. just 1 or 2 to have and they would do good... good job take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:14 am

Thanks John.

lot of tropical species can live in a very little soil. actually if you would look at bonsai, water and fertilizer is just what the tree needs (from the soil), soil/sand and other mediums are just basically tools in holding nutrients (fertilizer) and water for a while, and logically it can be removed if you could find a way to water and feed the particular specie sufficient of its needs.. but in the wild trees needs the soil to take foothold and source of nutrients and that is basically it.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down