Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOw do you call it ?

+14
my nellie
jrodriguez
bontailo
xuan le
Thích Đủ Thứ
daiviet_nguyen
Budi Sulistyo
Todd Ellis
drgonzo
Tho
bonsaisr
kauaibonsai
Billy M. Rhodes
PROTONWIRA
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HOw do you call it ? Empty HOw do you call it ?

Post  PROTONWIRA Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi IBC people
This ficus is from north VietNam.
How do you call this production? ( It 's quite heavy ! I think. I myself do not like this trunk every litle Sad )
What do you think about it ?
Please give your comments
Thanks

HOw do you call it ? T664602
HOw do you call it ? T664605
HOw do you call it ? T664606
HOw do you call it ? T664607
HOw do you call it ? T664608
PROTONWIRA
PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

HOw do you call it ? Empty Re: HOw do you call it ?

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Root over rock, banyan style
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:23 pm

buy it !! you'll never regret it.

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks billy

Hi Sam, how much do you think you can afford it ? This is one of the most expensive tree in Viet Nam. can you gues the price ?
Tks
PROTONWIRA
PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:57 am

over one million USD

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

HOw do you call it ? Empty How do You Call It?

Post  bonsaisr Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:21 am

Is this what they call hon non bo?
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Tho Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 am

kauaibonsai wrote:over one million USD

Yes, I think that would be a price tag. They called this setting "MÂM XÔI CON GÀ" or chicken on sticky rice tray Confused

Tho

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:09 am

I thought those were termed..'Na Gon Moov It'...I believe those are the trees big enough to actually eat you.
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:28 am

An incredible tree! Thank you for showing it.
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 am

Hi Qui,

It is nice and natural. The price might relate to history and emotion as well, looking at the age of the tree.
Is it the 6 million dollar tree?

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  daiviet_nguyen Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:45 am

Six US millions? lol! The humour is just getting better and better each day!

daiviet_nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post  daiviet_nguyen Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 am

bonsaisr wrote:Is this what they call hon non bo?
Iris

Hi Iris,

I do not think this is Hòn Non Bộ. Mr. Văn Lít Phan and Dr. Lew Buller have written a very good book on the subject -- Mountains in the sea: the Vietnamese miniature landscape art of Hòn Non Bộ, it is a Timber Press publication.

There is a comprehensive chapter discussing how Hòn Non Bộ is different to other comparative Asian art forms.

daiviet_nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Budi Sulistyo wrote:Hi Qui,

It is nice and natural. The price might relate to history and emotion as well, looking at the age of the tree.
Is it the 6 million dollar tree?

Budi
Hi Budi,
Do you still remember the tree's owner ? Who had a speech in Vannientung seminar last time. There was a question about the price of that tree. The answer was " secret" he 'd never tell anybody the price he bought it and he' d never thought he 'd sale it ...But the rumours expand day by day and now you also know " the 6 million dollars tree " Very Happy That's why the ficus in VN now are so hot.

PROTONWIRA
PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

HOw do you call it ? Empty Don't attention to the price!

Post  Thích Đủ Thứ Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Mr Protonwira!

I think it's unfair to this tree, the owner and the maker (creator). Instead of pushing people's attention to the price, it's better when showing pictures of this tree over 15yrs and introduce it's history.

@ Budi: great looks, this tree over 100 yrs old, transform by Mr Cuong - The - Paiter (CuongHoasy) over 15yrs!

@ Daiviet_nguyen: don't going crazy with the price! There's no transaction at that price at all and seems never had!

Rgds,

Thích Đủ Thứ

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:40 pm

[quote="Thích Đủ Thứ"]Hi Mr Protonwira!

I think it's unfair to this tree, the owner and the maker (creator). Instead of pushing people's attention to the price, it's better when showing pictures of this tree over 15yrs and introduce it's history.

Hi, nice to meet you here. What do you mean "It is unfair to this tree "? That isn't what I mention in this title.
This is an old tree, everyone knows for sure! I just want to know how people look at it.
Quí

PROTONWIRA
PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi everybody,
This style is beloved very much by the people from the North of VN and I don't think it can be called bonsai given the size and the way it was shaped. Regarding the huge price again it is just a rumor since nobody actually witnesses the transaction.
Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:13 pm

xuan le wrote:Hi everybody,
This style is beloved very much by the people from the North of VN and I don't think it can be called bonsai given the size and the way it was shaped. Regarding the huge price again it is just a rumor since nobody actually witnesses the transaction.
Xuan

Thanks "uncle" Xuan. That is what my mention.
I do show the pictures here in order to get bonsai lovers ' opinions in IBC.
Rgds
Quí
PROTONWIRA
PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

Post  Thích Đủ Thứ Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:20 pm

[quote="PROTONWIRA"]
Thích Đủ Thứ wrote:Hi Mr Protonwira!

Hi, nice to meet you here. What do you mean "It is unfair to this tree "? That isn't what I mention in this title.
This is an old tree, everyone knows for sure! I just want to know how people look at it.
Quí

Mr CuongHoasy had told the tree's history, in 3 forum: caycanhvietnam.vn, caycanhviet.vn & vannientung.com, both in words and pictures. Why don't you mention about it, but the "rumor", "secret" and the shocked price? That's why it's being unfair!

Thích Đủ Thứ

Back to top Go down

Post  bontailo Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Unique Ficus style ! The Rock can imagine "Turtle", A fairy stand on the back of Turtle?
Well, should have some legend about this composition! PROTONWIRA, probably you can tell us the story.
bontailo
bontailo

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Lo, Maybe this is the story:

Lord Buddha was sitting under a banyan tree. One day, a furious Brahman came to him and started abusing him. The Brahman thought that Lord Buddha would reciprocate in the same manner, but to his utter surprise, there was not the slightest change in the expression on his face. Now, the Brahman became more furious. He hurled more and more abuses at Buddha. However, Lord Buddha was completely unmoved. Actually there was a look of compassion on his face. Ultimately the Brahman was tired of abusing him. He asked, "I have been abusing you, but why are you not angry at all ?" Lord Buddha calmly replied, "My dear brother, I have not accepted a single abuse from you." "But you heard all of them, didn't you?" The Brahman argued half-heartedly. Buddha said, "I do not need the abuses, so why should I even hear them?" Now the Brahman was even more puzzled. He could not understand the calm reply from Lord Buddha. Looking at his disturbed face, Buddha further explained, "All those abuses remain with you." "It cannot be possible. I have hurled all of them at you," the Brahmin persisted. Buddha calmly repeated his reply, "But I have not accepted even a single abuse from you ! Dear brother, suppose you give some coins to somebody, and if he does not accept them, with whom will those coins remain?" The Brahman replied, "If I have given the coins and not needed by someone, then naturally they would remain with me." With a meaningful smile on his face, Buddha said, "Now you are right. The same has happened with your abuses. You came here and hurled abuses at me, but I have not accepted a single abuse from you. Hence, all those abuses remain with you only. So there is no reason to be angry with you." The Brahman remained speechless. He was ashamed of his behavior and begged for Buddha's forgiveness.

Maybe this is Lord Buddha's banyan!!!! Banyan of Peace!!!

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

Last edited by jrodriguez on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Thích Đủ Thứ wrote: ... ... Mr CuongHoasy had told the tree's history, in 3 forum: caycanhvietnam.vn, caycanhviet.vn & vannientung.com, both in words and pictures. Why don't you mention about it, but the "rumor", "secret" and the shocked price? That's why it's being unfair!
Unfortunately, only vietnamese speaking members can be acquainted with the tree's history.
Is there any member kind enough to post a translation for the... unlucky rest of us? Smile
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

HOw do you call it ? Empty How do You Call It?

Post  bonsaisr Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:54 pm

bontailo wrote:Unique Ficus style ! The Rock can imagine "Turtle",
This really got me. You see, in Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) native American culture, The Great Tree of Peace, the Eastern white pine (P. strobus), their Tree of Life, is depicted as standing on a turtle. When I saw this tree, my reaction was: That is the Vietnamese version of the Great Tree of Peace. Some things are the same all over the world.
By the way, regardless of its size, if a tree does that to you, by definition it is a bonsai.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:26 pm

bontailo wrote:Unique Ficus style ! The Rock can imagine "Turtle", A fairy stand on the back of Turtle?
Well, should have some legend about this composition! PROTONWIRA, probably you can tell us the story.
oh! glad to see you and mr Budi here Very Happy,
you are good eyes, exactly a tree stands on the turtle back, I like this tree but I dont like what people talk about it in order to get the terrible price.
hi mr thích đủ thứ! can you tell us the story of it? thanks
best wishes to all you! Very Happy
regards!
bigbabol! Very Happy
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  Thích Đủ Thứ Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:24 pm

bigbabol wrote:
bontailo wrote:Unique Ficus style ! The Rock can imagine "Turtle", A fairy stand on the back of Turtle?
oh! glad to see you and mr Budi here Very Happy,
you are good eyes, exactly a tree stands on the turtle back, I like this tree but I dont like what people talk about it in order to get the terrible price.
hi mr thích đủ thứ! can you tell us the story of it? thanks
best wishes to all you! Very Happy
regards!
bigbabol! Very Happy

It's better if Mr Protonwira do it!

@ jrodriguez: your story is right not only for this tree, but also the Vietnamese's traditional bonsai, in VNese: cây cảnh or easier for foreigner: caycanh

Thích Đủ Thứ

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:09 am

jrodriguez wrote:Lo, Maybe this is the story:

Lord Buddha was sitting under a banyan tree. One day, a furious Brahman came to him and started abusing him. The Brahman thought that Lord Buddha would reciprocate in the same manner, but to his utter surprise, there was not the slightest change in the expression on his face. Now, the Brahman became more furious. He hurled more and more abuses at Buddha. However, Lord Buddha was completely unmoved. Actually there was a look of compassion on his face. Ultimately the Brahman was tired of abusing him. He asked, "I have been abusing you, but why are you not angry at all ?" Lord Buddha calmly replied, "My dear brother, I have not accepted a single abuse from you." "But you heard all of them, didn't you?" The Brahman argued half-heartedly. Buddha said, "I do not need the abuses, so why should I even hear them?" Now the Brahman was even more puzzled. He could not understand the calm reply from Lord Buddha. Looking at his disturbed face, Buddha further explained, "All those abuses remain with you." "It cannot be possible. I have hurled all of them at you," the Brahmin persisted. Buddha calmly repeated his reply, "But I have not accepted even a single abuse from you ! Dear brother, suppose you give some coins to somebody, and if he does not accept them, with whom will those coins remain?" The Brahman replied, "If I have given the coins and not needed by someone, then naturally they would remain with me." With a meaningful smile on his face, Buddha said, "Now you are right. The same has happened with your abuses. You came here and hurled abuses at me, but I have not accepted a single abuse from you. Hence, all those abuses remain with you only. So there is no reason to be angry with you." The Brahman remained speechless. He was ashamed of his behavior and begged for Buddha's forgiveness.

Maybe this is Lord Buddha's banyan!!!! Banyan of Peace!!!

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

Jose Luis,

Your story is really very good to read. Thanks for sharing.

Your friend,
Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next