HOw do you call it ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: HOw do you call it ?

Post  Mangku on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:19 am

I like very much this style, it's more natural banyan. I am starting to make this style for my Long Island ficus that I plant on the rock although just a few months ago. next time I will post its picture

Mangku

Back to top Go down

Post  bontailo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Jose, Good Job. Be a lawyer always be a wonderful speaker Very Happy Very Happy .
Bigbabo, Nice meet you in IBC. I'm one of the pioneer of IBC since 1999 Cool .

Well, waiting for fun story of peace!

Lo

bontailo

Back to top Go down

Post  Thích Đủ Thứ on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 am

Let's see the pics to know what mr Cuong has done to this tree:

In 1996, Mr Cuong-the-painter buy it from a family near Hanoi. Three pics remain:

First look:

End of year:

First show:

1999:

2003:

2010, before riding the turtle:

2010: after riding the turtle, before Thang Long 1000 year anniversary show:

In the show:

Thích Đủ Thứ

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:43 am

Excellent to see this tree's development. Transferring such an aged specimen, so succesfully, to a rock planting is astonishing. Thank you for the historical pictures Thích Đủ Thứ.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  newzealandteatree on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Thank you for this interesting report. For those who want some insight into the significant of the turtle to the various culture, there is a brief writeup here :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_depictions_of_turtles_and_tortoises.
Cheers, CJ
http://newzealandteatreebonsai.blogspot.com/

newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Very nice development story. Thanks for sharing.

Budi

Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:49 am

Thank you ThichDuthu for sharing developing pictures
Qui

PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

Post  daiviet_nguyen on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 am

My dear Thích Đủ Thứ,

I have read quite a few of your posts in Vietnamese... I have never felt your passion for any trees quite like this tree.

Historical texts (I cannot quote anything in English) clearly show that growing large ficuses (cây đa), and Hòn Non Bộ have been some long and distinctly separated traditions, especially in northern Vietnam. Some writers claim that it dates back more than a thousand (1000) years -- some argue that there are not enough evidences dating back that far.

An example. After the first Trịnh lord seized control of the north in 1599, his successors afterward rewarded themselves rather lavishly with new buildings, and gardens etc... their troops went out to the people and "bought" Hòn Non Bộ and trees for their new gardens, the type of tree that get mentioned a lot is ficus. Notably, the eight Trịnh lord (1767 - 1782, Trịnh Sâm [Tĩnh Đô Vương]), confiscated a very large ficus that required a large number of men to bring it back to his castle -- this castle, as per other Trịnh's castles, was later burned to the ground: nothing survived including gardens.

Growing large ficuses by the northern Vietnam is possibly a way to express their love for the landscape of their birthplace. Until the French came, Vietnam had been organised into villages. Each village gate usually has a ficus planted next to it, over the generations, some ficus grew so large that their roots (arial) covered the gates -- till they become almost one! The French completely and successfully destroyed the villages, but the tradition remains somewhat.

-- Cây đa đầu làng or the ficus at the village gate is a familiar phrase in the Vietnamese language which describes the most prominent feature of a tradition village.

I guess that is the reason why northern people like large ficuses.

Thank you for the development photos. I have not seen though before. I have seen the various photos of the current tree though, and off course the various outrageous claims associated with it.

One likes it or not is a matter of personal feeling and taste. But no one can deny the level of cares, loves and skills that went into this tree.

However, the various scandalous and obscene of state-controlled-"newspaper" articles on pricing of ficuses do nothing good to the continuous development of this art in northern Vietnam.

Cheers and keep well.

daiviet_nguyen

Back to top Go down

Thanks for your sharing!

Post  Thích Đủ Thứ on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 am

As you known, I'never like large bonsai - cây cảnh! But it does'nt mean that I do'nt understand what people around me doing.

About Vietnamese bonsai-cây cảnh history, as stolen Vietnamese history, we need to spent a lot of time to prove. Thái Lạc pagoda, where we find out the thousands-years-old statue of fairy bird, holding in her hands the pot of bonsai - cây cảnh is my homeland. In the traditional bonsai - cây cảnh, the rules in creating bonsai - cây cảnh and lanscape exactly the rules in the village. So that, each bonsai - cây cảnh product has their own name and education meaning.

If you are interesting in listening, I will show you our traditional practise in cây cảnh, it will help you understand our tradition and our culture, not only in bonsai - cây cảnh, but also our living and thinking.

Rgds,

Thích Đủ Thứ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum