Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All his own work

5 posters

Go down

All his own work Empty All his own work

Post  chris Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:10 pm

This is a great little privet that Dan Butler has developed over the last few years. As Dan is a very good potter he has made the one that this is in, so this really is all his own work.
[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/13/83/05/82/dscf5911.jpg[/[url=https://servimg.com/view/13830582/496]All his own work Dscf5912imAll his own work Dscf5913g][/url]All his own work Dscf5914php?i=494&u=13830582]All his own work Dscf5910[/url]

Dan is going to log in to answer any comments

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

All his own work Empty Re: All his own work

Post  marcus watts Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:15 pm

very unusual for a UK (welsh?) tree and stylist - very chinese/tai/philipene in appearance, both the pot and tree styling. The glaze is really nice, was the pot thrown on a wheel?

nice to see different styles produced on home turf

Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Ka Pabling Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 pm

Very nice!, at first glance I thought it was an exposed root ficus.
This is one style we do for ficus, we train the roots and when it is big and strong enough we mount it in a rock or in a regular pot.

Best wishes
ka pabling
Ka Pabling
Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 am

Thank you Marcus and thank you Pabling

I had seen this tree about a year ago, but when Dan came along with it the other day I thought it was an Azalea or a Fig there were a lot of them being imported a few years ago. There is the area to the left at the top of the roots to be addressed but apart from that its about there.
The leaf size is good and the pot tree unity I think works well.
Regards Chris

On behalf of Dan
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  woodandclay Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 am

thanks chris for filling, took me a while to get logged in..

the pot is indeed thrown on the wheel, the pot it is in, is version two the first was to small and of a slightly different design being taller and steeper in the sides, which i liked but the because of the root spread did not work so i went for the shallower version you see, which mirrors the canopy.

cheers dan

woodandclay

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 am

Hi Dan great to see you are on the forum.

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithy Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Dan ,
Is that two trees in there, and did you grow the roots like this or did you find this with the roots already on their way like this.
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

All his own work Empty all his own work

Post  woodandclay Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:52 pm

just one tree, pulled out of a skip at my last rented house. it came out of a hedge that had been eroded so the roots were half way their, but over a few years in a deep pot i have lowered the soil level and been trimming of fine roots further up as i go.

the big cut on the left which needs a little work was a typical privet about 2ft long and straight so was removed and thrown back in the skip.

woodandclay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down