Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York

4 posters

Go down

First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York Empty First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York

Post  Roy Wixson Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:47 pm

It was a first class show with over fifty stones. The show was held in the tropical bonsai greenhouse at Bill Valavanis' International Bonsai Arboretum on September 3-4, 2011 and was well attended both by suiseki aficinados as well as newcomers to bonsai who were attending Bill Valavanis' First Annual Open House.

Enjoy the video! It can be seen both here and at http://BonsaiInBuffalo.com where all of my bonsai videos featuring William Valavanis' bonsai garden and displays as well as my tool sharpening video can be viewed.

Roy Wixson

Back to top Go down

First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York Empty Re: First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York

Post  Chris Cochrane Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks for sharing Roy. Fifty stones is a large number to distribute in a limited space. You captured them nicely. Thanks for pausing at the front of many individual stones at an effective elevation for viewing!
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York Empty Re: First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York

Post  drgonzo Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:43 am

First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York Img_3410
This is "snow peak mountain" close up, this is one of many stones Jane Schuster had on display. I was so taken with it that I not only photographed it but I sought her out to ask about it, we then spent the next half hour going through the rest of the exhibit, then outside to share some of Bills masterpiece trees together! She was one of the many wonderful people working the open house this weekend!
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 am

I'd like to thank all the members of the Suiseki Study Group of Upstate New York and all our visitors to our exhibit.

Roy's video is excellent and give a peaceful feeling to our exhibit. Unfortunately one of the finest suiseki was not in a good area for photographing and is not included in Roy's video. Here is photo of Jane Shuster's suiseki in Jerome Cushman's antique suiban.

Bill

First Upstate New York Suiseki Exhibit, Rochester, New York Scuste12
Jane Shuster's suiseki.
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 am

Thanks for sharing the video from the exhibition...Many very nice stones, in a nice inviroment.
The stone in the suiban from Jane Shuster is awesome.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down