Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noelanders Trophy XIII

+5
Walter Pall
landerloos
cosmos
fiona
Hans Vleugels
9 posters

Go down

Noelanders Trophy XIII Empty Noelanders Trophy XIII

Post  Hans Vleugels Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:30 am

The thirteenth Noelanders Trophy will take place on 21 and 22 January 2012, and will be held similar to last year in the Center for Sustainable Building in Heusden-Zolder. There are now already five demonstrators from various regions invited: William Valavanis and Ryan Neil from the United States, Mauro Stemberger from Italy, Vaclav Novak from the Czech Republic and Jorge Campos from Spain. And as usual there will be a large number of traders in bonsai and related items present during the exhibition. This edition will have a special prize for the best Kifu tree. (21-35 cm)

Noelanders Trophy XIII Trophy10

Complete program will soon be released on the club website, and the preselection of the trees has now started. If you want to participate in the exhibition please send pictures of your bonsai before the 1st of december 2011 to the secretariat for the preselection of your trees, preferably by email! Participation is free. Maximum of three trees per category. Trees which were participating in the Noelanders trophy XI and XII are not allowed. There is the opportunity to attend a dinner on Saturday. Price per person = 52 Euro. Payments for dinner on account number 735-0248878-61 at KBC in name of Bonsai Association Belgium VZW, treasurer Alda Clijsters, Veldstraat 9, 3950 Bocholt in Belgium. Statement: "Your name - Dinner ... persons." For foreign payments without costs: IBAN: BE62 7350 2488 7861, BIC: KREDBEBB. Your reservation for dinner is only ok if the payment has arrived. (no later than December 15, 2010) For hotel reservations, contact the secretary.

Secretary: Luc Nagels (E-mail: secretaris@bonsaiassociation.be - Tel (+32) (0) 11.871620 - Fax (+32) (0) 11.874710)

Hope to see you there...
Hans Vleugels
Hans Vleugels

Back to top Go down

Noelanders Trophy XIII Empty Re: Noelanders Trophy XIII

Post  Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:00 am

Thanks Hans. Look forward to go this time. Sorry, but now on to the irritating questions. The categories are not announced yet?
What about shohin? Maximum three bonsai to be admitted is said. Does one bonsai then count for one shohin-display?

Best regards
Morten Albek

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Vleugels Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:05 am

This edition will have a special Kifu prize Morten. But shohin bonsai are of course also allowed. A complete shohin display will count as one tree I suppose..
Hans Vleugels
Hans Vleugels

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:06 am

Thanks Hans. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Morten added a further post in which he made some very good points general points about SHohin and its "place" in bonsai. There is certainly a discussion to be had on those issues. I was not sure this is the correct forum for such a discussion as it is supposed to be the announcement for the Noelanders event which we all agree is way up there as one of Europe's premier events.

I asked if anyone objected if I used some moderatorial magic and separate out the latter part of the discussion and put it as a thread in its own right and got a favourable response. That action has now been taken and you can find the more general discussione under a heading of "The Future for Shohin?" I hope we get a fruitful discussion which takes the topic much further than just how it relates to one event.

Last edited by fiona on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:37 pm

fiona wrote:I think you make some very good points there, Morten, and there is certainly a discussion to be had on those issues. I'm not sure this is the correct forum for such a discussion as it is supposed to be the announcement for an event.

Does anyone object if I use some moderatorial magic and separate out the latter part of the discussion and put it as a thread in its own right? I'd probably put it in the Bonsai section under a heading of The Future for Shohin?

Hi Fiona

That seems to be the right thing to do, and I am sorry if I have unattended mislead the announcement of this great event towards something else.

Regards
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:03 pm

No need to apologise, Morten. I've noticed that some of the best threads on the forum have come about through "spin offs" from other posts. I'll get the new thread set up as soon as I can.

Update: Done.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Hans

I have just sent an e-mail to the segretary informing that Bonsai Culture Group-Malta will be attending as a group of about 20 members.

This year in March we went as a group of 20 members to San Remo for the UBI bonsai annual exhibition and there we had the pleasure of meeting Marc Noelanders. Some of us, including me, dined at the same table with Marc. We told Marc about our interest as a club of coming to the Noelanders Trophy of 2012. He told us that he would be more than happy to accommodate us. Hope to see you.

Cosmos

cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi Cosmos and 20 friends

See you at Noelanders.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Damn, Cant wait anymore, weather akts like its autumn already.

Soon very soon, Noelanders here we come again.
How many danes will we see this edition???

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:33 pm

So it is almost time to pack for the Noelanders.
Who is coming to this event?
I have organised a group of 13 members from the Bonsai Culture Group-Malta.
See you there.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Walter Pall Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:05 pm

I will be there from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening. In my car I will have the usual stuff:

- biotreecleaner
- wood hardener
- lots of good small and medium sized collected trees, like oriental hornbeam, Scots pines, mugo pines, Sabina junipers, and other stuff. Prizes competitive.
I am employed in the demonstration area. There you can speak to me or you can find my assistant Walter and he will show you the stuff.
Walter Pall
Walter Pall

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Vleugels Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Have brought my tree to the exhbition, and here are already some appetizers from the Noelanders Trophy XIII in Heusden-Zolder Belgium in premiere!!!!

Paul Finch' amazing artificial tree is standing at the entry:

Noelanders Trophy XIII Noelan10

Mr David Benavente has brought his beautiful cascade pine from Spain:

Noelanders Trophy XIII Pinus_10

Mr Luis Balino brought a juniper originally styled by Masahiko Kimura!

Noelanders Trophy XIII Junipe10

Already one of my favourites: the amazing Salix by Simon Temblett, which he raised from a simple cutting...

Noelanders Trophy XIII Simon_10

And there are a lot more goodies presented! If you were hesitating to come over, please come over. This will be one of the finest exhibitions ever in Europe!

Best regards,
Hans

Hans Vleugels
Hans Vleugels

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello Hans.
Thanks for the preview.
See them tomorrow.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Noelanders Trophy XIII Empty Noelanders Trophy Event

Post  The Lad Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi Hans

I agree with Sunip thanks for showing what you have so far and I really look forward to seeing what i am missing by Not being able to attend these wonderful Noelanders Trophy Event events but a Lotto win or inheritance and all our family would be there as Belgium for us is a Special Place ever since I rode my first Bike and Mr Edouard Louis Joseph Merckx ( Eddie Merckx) was my Hero and in the Cycling World Still Is

Enjoy your time there

thanks again

Jim thelad

The Lad
The Lad

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:11 pm

The Lad wrote:Belgium for us is a Special Place ever since I rode my first Bike and Mr Edouard Louis Joseph Merckx ( Eddie Merckx) was my Hero and in the Cycling World Still Is
I wouldn't say no to dinner with Philippe Gilbert either though, Jim. Wink
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Kennedy Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 am

fiona wrote:
The Lad wrote:Belgium for us is a Special Place ever since I rode my first Bike and Mr Edouard Louis Joseph Merckx ( Eddie Merckx) was my Hero and in the Cycling World Still Is
I wouldn't say no to dinner with Philippe Gilbert either though, Jim. Wink
i wouldnt say no to having legs like his Very Happy
Lee Kennedy
Lee Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Walter Pall wrote:I will be there from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening. In my car I will have the usual stuff:

- biotreecleaner
- wood hardener
- lots of good small and medium sized collected trees, like oriental hornbeam, Scots pines, mugo pines, Sabina junipers, and other stuff. Prizes competitive.
I am employed in the demonstration area. There you can speak to me or you can find my assistant Walter and he will show you the stuff.

You Cheeky thing Walter I paid €330 euro to be there! pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:25 am

Here's a other beauty!

Noelanders Trophy XIII Noelan23

Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:20 pm