olive Challenge

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

olive Challenge

Post  moshe emergui on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:19 am

Challenge Idea
This is the raw material, have not worked on it for now.I already plan the final design

If you have any idea how to go from here (design). Please send ideas.i'd Love to
See different ideas & ways of thinking

/

After cleaning and planting in a bonsai pot.




moshe emergui
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  Hilton Meyer on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Although this olive is bulky it still has some fimine feeature and flow that is quite appealing. I really like the third picture with it looking like some sort of mud creature trying to building itself up. That hole is really interesting and would like to see what you have in mind for working around it.

Hilton Meyer
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  dorothy7774 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:22 pm

There are so many possibilities with that great material. This is one:


dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  Russell Coker on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:07 pm

That's beautiful, D!! Please do one for the other side. Very Happy

Russell Coker
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  casper on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:32 pm

un petit virtuel

casper
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  dorothy7774 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Russell Coker wrote:That's beautiful, D!! Please do one for the other side. Very Happy

study Smile


dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  Pavel Slovák on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi Moshe

Your Olives are very beautiful. Sorry Dorothy, I borrowed your great virtual Embarassed . Only a little has changed. Wink Very Happy


Gretings Pavel

Pavel Slovák
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  dorothy7774 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:32 am

Pavel Slovák wrote:..

Your Olives are very beautiful. Sorry Dorothy, I borrowed your great virtual Embarassed . Only a little has changed. Wink Very Happy

Gretings Pavel

Laughing


dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  Russell Coker on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:36 am

WOW. Y'all, it gets better and better!

Russell Coker
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  kauaibonsai on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:42 am

dorothy's rear view virtual is the best choice.

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  carlos on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:56 pm

kauaibonsai wrote:dorothy's rear view virtual is the best choice.

best wishes, sam

Dorothy's virtuals are very good. The only constructive criticism I can offer is the fact that one can only appreciate two generations; the oldest (trunk) and the youngest (leaves). I believe it will be interesting to see the same outline, only including tapering/proportional branches, thus representing the middle generations. In the end, I belive a plausible mature specimen will be the outcome. The present rendition is rather inmature.

Just a thought.......

Regards,

Carlos

carlos
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  cosmos on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi Dorothy
Your virtuals are awesome, as usual. But I like your last virtual because it more compact and has a better aspect ratio for an olive. The sicilians always fret that an olive should not have a tapering apex but a dome. For them it is a sacrilage to train an olive into a 'juniper-style'.

Cosmos

cosmos
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  moshe emergui on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:03 pm


Amazing virtual simulation. This tool is just great. Thank you.
.
i sent This post and I knew you will share your knowledge and experience,
I admit The Front that you used for the virtual is very powerful and reminds a Kirin from the
Japanese Mitology.

In my sketch I use the other side Because it is very interesting 'you all know that its difficult to pass on the true depth of the tree. In any case I think the tree to a specific number of Front.

moshe emergui
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  moshe emergui on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:13 pm

The sketches


George Will Netsuke

moshe emergui
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  -Brent- on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Very similar to Dorothy's second virt, or should I say Dorothy's second virt is very similar to what you had drawn!?

Dorothy's virt is amazing, and easily achievable with an olive, IMHO.
I think it would difficult not to do an awesome job with this magnificent piece of material. Very Happy

Regards
Brent

-Brent-
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  dorothy7774 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Nice sketches, Moshe! 2 more virts, very similar Very Happy




dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  moshe emergui on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 am


hi
I'd like to share the result of several hours on an excellent raw material. Two first pictures are side image

front


moshe emergui
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  moshe emergui on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:34 am


moshe emergui
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  stavros on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:01 pm

beautiful transofrmation thumbs up

stavros
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  dorothy7774 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Very nicely done, Moshe! And - it is a real tree, not a virtual.. Very Happy Good example of material with age and maturity, something a bonsai should have and one can never create with young material.

Always enjoy to make virts of material that I cannot grow here in Florida!


-dorothy

dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  Rob Kempinski on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:30 pm

dorothy7774 wrote:
Always enjoy to make virts of material that I cannot grow here in Florida!
-dorothy

No Olives in Florida? Yikes, I recently acquired a nice one. Shocked

Rob Kempinski
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  dorothy7774 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:
dorothy7774 wrote:
Always enjoy to make virts of material that I cannot grow here in Florida!
-dorothy

No Olives in Florida? Yikes, I recently acquired a nice one. Shocked

In the SW FL area I live the Olive I had ( from California) did not thrive well past a few seasons. Depending on which variety of olive tree you bought, you may be just fine. This commercial website gives a good insight regarding growing Olive trees throughout Florida. By the way, how is your Premna doing?

-dorothy

dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  Rob Kempinski on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:50 pm

dorothy7774 wrote:
Rob Kempinski wrote:
dorothy7774 wrote:
Always enjoy to make virts of material that I cannot grow here in Florida!
-dorothy

No Olives in Florida? Yikes, I recently acquired a nice one. Shocked

In the SW FL area I live the Olive I had ( from California) did not thrive well past a few seasons. Depending on which variety of olive tree you bought, you may be just fine. This commercial website gives a good insight regarding growing Olive trees throughout Florida. By the way, how is your Premna doing?

-dorothy

Hey Dorothy- I don't see the website.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Premna love Melbourne, Florida. My little shohin has made many babies and some are now bigger than the mother.

Rob Kempinski
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  dorothy7774 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 am

Uups, here it is, Rob:

http://www.olivetreegrowers.com/

-dorothy

dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  jrodriguez on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:
dorothy7774 wrote:
Rob Kempinski wrote:
dorothy7774 wrote:
Always enjoy to make virts of material that I cannot grow here in Florida!
-dorothy

No Olives in Florida? Yikes, I recently acquired a nice one. Shocked

In the SW FL area I live the Olive I had ( from California) did not thrive well past a few seasons. Depending on which variety of olive tree you bought, you may be just fine. This commercial website gives a good insight regarding growing Olive trees throughout Florida. By the way, how is your Premna doing?

-dorothy

Hey Dorothy- I don't see the website.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Premna love Melbourne, Florida. My little shohin has made many babies and some are now bigger than the mother.

Rob and Dorothy,

Here in Puerto Rico we can grow olives. I have one that has been in a bonsai pot for more than 40 years, as well as one others that came from Mallorca. The best is Olea Europea, Var. sylvestris, which is sometimes sold as 'little ollie' and can be found growing in orchards in California. They definitely love sun, a fast draining medium (with little to no organic matter) and wind. If left in an area without wind and given the high humidity in Florida, all the branches will get mildew/fungus and the tree will begin to die back. This happened to some friends in the Miami area, some of which bought collected Mallorca Ullastres (olives) from me.

As far as pests go, be sure to spray it with malathion for scale insects. You will usually see them in the leaves.

Warm regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: olive Challenge

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:41 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum