My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:55 am

My Pocket Garden at the top-in progress

.Dear Bonzai Colleagues:

Good day to everyone, im a new batch member of the club but i started my hobby in bonzai 2 years ago, but not that as full time as it is, because im busy during the construction of my house, it small but every space is very functional, hehe. Im also busy in arranging and landscaping the 3rd floor were i put my small garden, let me share it to You all...










..and here is the individual photo of my bonzai and i appreciate any suggestion that you can offer on it..


Ive been trying to look for another pot for this mini forest, something flatlike rock formation to make it more natural..but im having a problem finding one because of the busy schedule, do you know were can i find one for this Very Happy

..as for this one, il be transferring it to a more upright rock like formation to make it also look natural..

..maybe this one, im satisfied the way it is now, with the help of my dear friend Jomer in nueva ecija and also to Ka Pabling and Jun..

..this is a semi cascade picus, well i dont know how will i arrange it, its still a wait and see, Very Happy





Now, this trees got my attention.. Smile bounce




















Last edited by Ferdie * on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:54 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : To show the progress of the garden)

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  ogi uyehara on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:11 am

nice garden... just like my garden is on the 3rd floor

ogi uyehara
Member


Back to top Go down

My Pocket Garden at the Top

Post  bonsaisr on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 pm

I think you mean pocket garden.
For those on the other side of the world, Navotas City is part of Metropolitan Manila. It is known for boating, water sports, fishing, and seafood.
First time I ever saw a cairn as a bonsai stand. Do you exhibit bonsai on those little piles of rocks, or is it just at home?
Iris

bonsaisr
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:26 am

bonsaisr wrote:I think you mean pocket garden.
For those on the other side of the world, Navotas City is part of Metropolitan Manila. It is known for boating, water sports, fishing, and seafood.
First time I ever saw a cairn as a bonsai stand. Do you exhibit bonsai on those little piles of rocks, or is it just at home?
Iris


Hi! Iris, you made your research right, seafoods are good and very fresh, its really wow Very Happy
about the stand, that past 2 years ago, iv been busy in the construction of this house that's why this adobe rock as we call it here is the only thing i got, now im looking for a better one Very Happy , by the way this is my personal landscaping i made in my rooftop, which at the end of the day, i find this place a good relaxation for me. Very Happy Cool

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Very nice 'Pocket Garden'... and nice trees.

That wooden pillar with the dragon carving really caught my eye. Beautiful.

- S

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  my nellie on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Very nice, Ferdie*
I am sure that lots of us have got inspiration from your posting, at least I have!
Thanks!

my nellie
Member


Back to top Go down

my packet garden up top

Post  moyogijohn on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:03 pm

You have some really nice trees and a great display...in only 2 years you have done a good job!! take care john

moyogijohn
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 am

suburbia wrote:Very nice 'Pocket Garden'... and nice trees.

That wooden pillar with the dragon carving really caught my eye. Beautiful.

- S

Thank You Very Happy . that pillar actually serve as the stand for my trellis, they really having a hard time carving that wood, thats why they use a different kind of materials in carving that dragon and plastered to that hard wood. God Bless

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:25 am

moyogijohn wrote:You have some really nice trees and a great display...in only 2 years you have done a good job!! take care john
Hi John, thank you for the compliment, some of my materials were given by my mom, living in Davao CIty, one of the province in mindanao and most of it were hunted in the boundary of Nueva Viscaya and Nueva Ecija.. God Bless... Very Happy

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 am

ogi uyehara wrote:nice garden... just like my garden is on the 3rd floor
Thanks Ogi Very Happy , im looking forward to see your garden too..God Bless

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Damienindesert on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:06 am

Very nice looking trees. Thanks for sharing. One of them appears to have a small monkey infestation. I think they might be breeding in the bromeliads Very Happy

Damienindesert
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 am

Damienindesert wrote:Very nice looking trees. Thanks for sharing. One of them appears to have a small monkey infestation. I think they might be breeding in the bromeliads Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Thanks..

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  my nellie on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 am

Hello again!
I have a little question that puzzles me, dear Ferdie. And do excuse me that I am not concentrating on the beautiful trees but I would like to express it... I am really curious.... Very Happy
All those wooden planks and old trunks that are so beautiful decorating your pocket garden they are apparently weathered, so how can you rest assured that are insect free?
I mean, if you have sprayed or painted (as this is expected...) all this timber with insecticide, doesn't this consist a contamination of some kind...?
Or this is not natural wood but some kind of decrative plastic elements?
Thank you.

my nellie
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  dexworks on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Bro,

Nice collection, and nice setting, I really fancy rooftop gardens especially bonsai collection on roofdecks... lucky for you your mom lives in Davao city... Just one suggestion though, collect as many "tugas"or molave from Davao city as many as you can, I'm sure in the near future that this species will be more popular than Bantigue. And get those that have really interesting deadwood. I am planning to go back to Davao city next week for the main purpose of getting Tugas materials... I already have some, which I got from my recent visit there, and It's becoming one of my favorite species...

Regards,

Derick

My Nellie,

To answer your questions about the wood accents, these wood are quite old and they used to support the rails of the commuter train system (railroad sleepers, locally called Travieza) here in the philippines before they were replaced with concrete... It's quite sturdy and impervious to rot... It got that texture from decades of being exposed to the elements... highly prized by antique furniture collectors... plus, some wood has that anti-bacterial quality, and this seems to be one of those.

Regards,

Derick

dexworks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:32 am

my nellie wrote:Hello again!
I have a little question that puzzles me, dear Ferdie. And do excuse me that I am not concentrating on the beautiful trees but I would like to express it... I am really curious.... Very Happy
All those wooden planks and old trunks that are so beautiful decorating your pocket garden they are apparently weathered, so how can you rest assured that are insect free?
I mean, if you have sprayed or painted (as this is expected...) all this timber with insecticide, doesn't this consist a contamination of some kind...?
Or this is not natural wood but some kind of decrative plastic elements?
Thank you.
Hi, good day, thank you for the compliment, by the way those wooden planks are hard wood given by a good friend from nueva ecija, so far, occassional ants are the only pest i observe roaming around the wood, however, maybe due to the kind of place where it is now, were sunlight and rains resides, thou i sometimes use insecticides i.e. malathione..but i will continuously observe that..thanks Very Happy

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  my nellie on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:35 am

Thank both of you for the answers.
I can imagine how highly prized by the decorators or antique collectors this material are!
In this case, lucky you to have that friend of yours, Ferdie Very Happy

my nellie
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:21 am

dexworks wrote:Bro,

Nice collection, and nice setting, I really fancy rooftop gardens especially bonsai collection on roofdecks... lucky for you your mom lives in Davao city... Just one suggestion though, collect as many "tugas"or molave from Davao city as many as you can, I'm sure in the near future that this species will be more popular than Bantigue. And get those that have really interesting deadwood. I am planning to go back to Davao city next week for the main purpose of getting Tugas materials... I already have some, which I got from my recent visit there, and It's becoming one of my favorite species...

Regards,

Derick

My Nellie,

To answer your questions about the wood accents, these wood are quite old and they used to support the rails of the commuter train system (railroad sleepers, locally called Travieza) here in the philippines before they were replaced with concrete... It's quite sturdy and impervious to rot... It got that texture from decades of being exposed to the elements... highly prized by antique furniture collectors... plus, some wood has that anti-bacterial quality, and this seems to be one of those.

Regards,

Derick
Hi Bro, thanks..my mom mention about it and she started to collect some of it, because as what i heard here, this molave materials are just new in the town, very few has this for the bonsai collector, hehe, lucky us, a hot cake as we call it, and good luck to your travel in davao..

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 am

my nellie wrote:Thank both of you for the answers.
I can imagine how highly prized by the decorators or antique collectors this material are!
In this case, lucky you to have that friend of yours, Ferdie Very Happy
Hi, Its just true friends are hard to find..thanks Very Happy Very Happy

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 am

Ferdie * wrote:
dexworks wrote:Bro,

Nice collection, and nice setting, I really fancy rooftop gardens especially bonsai collection on roofdecks... lucky for you your mom lives in Davao city... Just one suggestion though, collect as many "tugas"or molave from Davao city as many as you can, I'm sure in the near future that this species will be more popular than Bantigue. And get those that have really interesting deadwood. I am planning to go back to Davao city next week for the main purpose of getting Tugas materials... I already have some, which I got from my recent visit there, and It's becoming one of my favorite species...

Regards,

Derick

My Nellie,

To answer your questions about the wood accents, these wood are quite old and they used to support the rails of the commuter train system (railroad sleepers, locally called Travieza) here in the philippines before they were replaced with concrete... It's quite sturdy and impervious to rot... It got that texture from decades of being exposed to the elements... highly prized by antique furniture collectors... plus, some wood has that anti-bacterial quality, and this seems to be one of those.

Regards,

Derick
Hi Bro, thanks..my mom mention about it and she started to collect some of it, because as what i heard here, this molave materials are just new in the town, very few has this for the bonsai collector, hehe, lucky us, a hot cake as we call it, and good luck to your travel in davao..
Good day Bro, By the way, per info coming from my mom that there are still other good species of material for bonzai that could be found in General Santos City..have a great day ahead

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:00 am

Damienindesert wrote:Very nice looking trees. Thanks for sharing. One of them appears to have a small monkey infestation. I think they might be breeding in the bromeliads Very Happy
Laughing Thanks, they really do..

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  dexworks on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Bro,

Yeah, I've seen some bluebells, some bantigue, and some other species that are also available here in Manila... My goal is to collect as many Tugas as I can, since it's quite difficult to find these in manila... Thanks for the tip. Smile

dexworks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:36 pm

dexworks wrote:Bro,

Yeah, I've seen some bluebells, some bantigue, and some other species that are also available here in Manila... My goal is to collect as many Tugas as I can, since it's quite difficult to find these in manila... Thanks for the tip. Smile

Hi mga pre ( Hi Bros),

If you are looking for "molave" specie, I can show you where to get the materials here in manila, at least you won't get it from the wild and it's 100% sure established.

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:49 am

jun wrote:
dexworks wrote:Bro,

Yeah, I've seen some bluebells, some bantigue, and some other species that are also available here in Manila... My goal is to collect as many Tugas as I can, since it's quite difficult to find these in manila... Thanks for the tip. Smile

Hi mga pre ( Hi Bros),

If you are looking for "molave" specie, I can show you where to get the materials here in manila, at least you won't get it from the wild and it's 100% sure established.

regards,
jun Smile
Yes Bro, where on manila can we find one, is it near to your place,,many tnx

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Ferdie * wrote:
jun wrote:
dexworks wrote:Bro,

Yeah, I've seen some bluebells, some bantigue, and some other species that are also available here in Manila... My goal is to collect as many Tugas as I can, since it's quite difficult to find these in manila... Thanks for the tip. Smile

Hi mga pre ( Hi Bros),

If you are looking for "molave" specie, I can show you where to get the materials here in manila, at least you won't get it from the wild and it's 100% sure established.

regards,
jun Smile
Yes Bro, where on manila can we find one, is it near to your place,,many tnx
Bro, thanks, as soon as i fix my schedule, we're get in touch with you..

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Ferdie * on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:43 am

dexworks wrote:Bro,

Yeah, I've seen some bluebells, some bantigue, and some other species that are also available here in Manila... My goal is to collect as many Tugas as I can, since it's quite difficult to find these in manila... Thanks for the tip. Smile
Goodluck Bro, by the way, did u read jun advice re molave materials,,

Ferdie *
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: My Packet Garden at the top-in progress

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:42 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum