Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOLF STORIES

2 posters

Go down

GOLF STORIES Empty GOLF STORIES

Post  wabashene Tue May 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi

Fresh from a 3rd place finish in my rugby club’s annual President’s Cup Stableford Comp (33 pts off h’cap of 18) , I’m wondering if any of us have or have heard any good golf stories.

How about

In 1980 at the Kenyan Open, Sandy Lyle was disqualified for a rules infringement. He was reported (alledgedly by Nick Faldo) for placing tape along the head of his putter to stop the reflection of the sun thereby altering the playing characteristics of his club during a round.

I saw this next one on TV

Craig Stadler was disqualified from the 1987 Buick Open after kneeling on a towel to protect his nice white trousers while playing a shot off a steep bank under a tree. A TV viewer reported him for "building a stance”.Stadler should have penalised himself 2 shots for this infringement but failed to do so and was disqualified . (Rule 13-3) for signing an incorrect scorecard.

Personal

My only hole in one cost me GBP 250 about 12 years ago on a company Golf Day. ten bottles of champagne @ GBP25 for 10 tables of 8

A nine iron hit with a howling gale behind to a 167 yd par 3 at The Warwickshire Course. Hit the front of the green (just clearing the lake protecting the front of the green) and rolled diagonally 30 yards straight into the hole.

Hoping for some good ones.

Thks
TimR
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

GOLF STORIES Empty Re: GOLF STORIES

Post  lordy Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:18 pm

I was playing in a match on the high school team at the course of a local university. I was in a sand trap greenside, and it was raining. Just as I hit my sand shot, a clap of thunder happened what seemed like just overhead. Scared me half to death so I darted after the ball with the wedge in my hand, which was dripping wet. The club shaft slid in my hand and the head of the club hit me in the mouth chipping a tooth. I remember spitting the bits of tooth out on the green and then putting out to save par. A day I'll never forget. Rolling Eyes
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Yes, nice one Lordy - the score is more important than the tooth.

Good that there wasn't any lightning

I also saw this next one live on TV. Of course the on-going joke was that he had used a "tree" iron to play the shot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/treeblog/4473164923/

Thks

timR

wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down