Quality Preserved and/or Artificial Bonsai, help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quality Preserved and/or Artificial Bonsai, help?

Post  john_berklee1 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:10 am

Hey everyone. I am brand new to this forum, and fairly new to Bonsai. I have been reading about it for some time now and I always have wanted to dive into it, but I am afraid of getting into something that I can't keep up with too well. I have always loved the Red Trident Maple bonsai, and I would like to find one that is artificial or preserved, so I can keep it for the aesthetics without the worry of killing something that, if in the hands of someone more dedicated and experienced, wouldn't have died. I know it seems like a cop-out to opt for the fake ones, but I'd rather not waste a perfectly good bonsai, when I can use an artificial one for the same purpose.

I am finishing building a recording studio, which has a very modern-meets-zen feel to it, and to complete the package, I would like to invest in a quality artificial (or preserved, if there are any) Bonsai tree for my desk, which I intend on incorporating into a suiseki.

Does anyone know of any companies, online or not, that offer artificial Red Maple Bonsai trees? I've been searching daily for weeks and I haven't found anything, and it's driving me up the wall. I have seen Junipers, which I may go for if I cannot find what I am looking for, but I would prefer to have the Red Maple, seeing as how the room is tan and red, and it'd complement the room very well.

Thank you for your help!,
-John Forrestal

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality Preserved and/or Artificial Bonsai, help?

Post  JimLewis on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:07 am

Google "silk bonsai" (no quotes).

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum