Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quality Preserved and/or Artificial Bonsai, help?

2 posters

Go down

Quality Preserved and/or Artificial Bonsai, help? Empty Quality Preserved and/or Artificial Bonsai, help?

Post  john_berklee1 Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:10 am

Hey everyone. I am brand new to this forum, and fairly new to Bonsai. I have been reading about it for some time now and I always have wanted to dive into it, but I am afraid of getting into something that I can't keep up with too well. I have always loved the Red Trident Maple bonsai, and I would like to find one that is artificial or preserved, so I can keep it for the aesthetics without the worry of killing something that, if in the hands of someone more dedicated and experienced, wouldn't have died. I know it seems like a cop-out to opt for the fake ones, but I'd rather not waste a perfectly good bonsai, when I can use an artificial one for the same purpose.

I am finishing building a recording studio, which has a very modern-meets-zen feel to it, and to complete the package, I would like to invest in a quality artificial (or preserved, if there are any) Bonsai tree for my desk, which I intend on incorporating into a suiseki.

Does anyone know of any companies, online or not, that offer artificial Red Maple Bonsai trees? I've been searching daily for weeks and I haven't found anything, and it's driving me up the wall. I have seen Junipers, which I may go for if I cannot find what I am looking for, but I would prefer to have the Red Maple, seeing as how the room is tan and red, and it'd complement the room very well.

Thank you for your help!,
-John Forrestal
www.myspace.com/subrecstudios

john_berklee1

Back to top Go down

Quality Preserved and/or Artificial Bonsai, help? Empty Re: Quality Preserved and/or Artificial Bonsai, help?

Post  JimLewis Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:07 am

Google "silk bonsai" (no quotes).
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down