Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans)

5 posters

Go down

TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans) Empty TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans)

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 2:21 am

Years ago my friend, who is a tremendous Dr. Who fan, gave me several small TARDIS's to place beneath my trees. I usually eschew netsuke but somehow these blue boxes keep showing up under my trees. I took a picture of my Streibs findling Cotoneaster with one beneath to send to him today, the picture was just so pretty I thought I'd share it..Just for fun!TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans) Img_2711

Back to top Go down

TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans) Empty Tardis as Netsuke

Post  bonsaisr Tue May 24, 2011 3:07 am

Well of course, although I think it would work better with a more bizarre looking tree, like a baobab. A netsuke, properly, is an ornament hung on a samurai's belt. The Japanese sometimes display them WITH bonsai. Traditionally, only the Chinese display figurines IN a bonsai. To the Japanese, this is the lowest form of kitsch. Very Happy I like to display figurines in my bonsai to tell a story. A speaker in Rochester, I think Peter Warren, said, "When you look at a bonsai, if the first thing you see is the figurine, it doesn't belong there." I try to put my figurine half hidden, partly behind the tree or in the forest. It should add intrigue and go with the tree.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans) Empty Re: TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans)

Post  mesabax Tue May 24, 2011 4:27 am

Personally I think figurines are always tacky UNLESS they are a TARDIS!!!! I want one. thumbs up

mesabax

Back to top Go down

TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans) Empty Re: TARDIS as netsuke for Bonsai (for Dr.Who fans)

Post  bigbabol Tue May 24, 2011 5:45 am

and I want one too hihihi Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nice tree, thank for sharing
best regards
bigbabol
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  GerhardGerber Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 am

mesabax wrote:Personally I think figurines are always tacky UNLESS they are a TARDIS!!!! I want one. thumbs up

1000% with you there! cheers

Gerhard

GerhardGerber

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue May 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Der der der Dun, Der der der Dun, Der der der Dun, DUN DUN Der der der der der Dun, Der der der Dun, Der der der Dun, DUN DUN Der WEEEEEOOOOOOOOOO, WEEEEEEE-Oooooooo..............WEEEOOOOO-oooo-EEEE-ooooo-Oooooo thumbs up
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down