Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub

Go down

This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub Empty This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub

Post  my nellie Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

My neighbour in the countryside has undercut enough trees in his attempt to fallow his property.
The stub on the photos was an "easy" one for me to dig up. It was under the ground up to the point that the right branch is stretching
Not much hairy roots, though. I just used a chainsaw to cut the tap root and one or two other big ones.
I used a free draining mix of peat, baked clay, pumice and river sand. I did kept some of the original soil around the roots of the stub and used some rooting hormone.
Here it is about 20 days after poting into a fishmonger's styrofoam trunk.

This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub IMG_3692

This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub IMG_3696

This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub IMG_3698

Based on the fact that it is sprouting so easily, I believe that it could be a phillyrea latifolia, which is a species growing at the place of collection. I do not think it could be a Pistacia lentiscus, growing there as well, the bark is too light coloured.

I would like to ask how many of the young sprouts should I keep growing? When is it best to cut the rest off?

Thank you in advance.

my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub Empty Re: This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 am

Hi My Nellie

keep all for now.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub Empty Re: This is my.... what??? Yamadori (?) stub

Post  my nellie Mon May 02, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks for responding, Yvonne!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down