Yamadori yew

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yamadori yew

Post  JohnOstranica on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi , This is a yew that me and my mate Darren collected today .It is about 2feet in hight and the nebari is about 10 inches across . we have planted it into the ground were it will stay for a couple of years before doing any work on it .Fingers crossed ....John


JohnOstranica
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  JohnOstranica on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:43 pm


JohnOstranica
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  Kev Bailey on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi John, looks very good. Whereabouts are you?

Yew appreciate good drainange and some lime in the soil. I use lime mortar rubble from old walls or ground garden lime if no mortar is available.

_________________
β€œIt is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin.

Kev Bailey
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  JohnOstranica on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi Kev ,thanks for the reply .We are in lancshire and have took your advise about the lime ,cheers ....John

JohnOstranica
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  jamesransom on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi John
What a fine tree to work on in the next few years. will be interesting to see the progress.

James

jamesransom
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  Tony on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:37 pm

JohnOstranica wrote:Hi Kev ,thanks for the reply .We are in lancshire and have took your advise about the lime ,cheers ....John

Hi John, Lancashire is only a small place, if you ever get over to Ramsbottom give me a shout and YEW can take a look around my Garden Suspect its full of Yamadori Yews and Hawthorns Rolling Eyes

_________________
Tony Tickle.. "that's not your real name is it?"

β€Ž"Study me as much as you like, you will never know me, for I differ a hundred ways from what you see me to be. Put yourself behind my eyes, and see me as I see myself, for I have chosen to dwell in a place you cannot see." β€” Rumi

Visit Tony's Bonsai website

If you Tweet?

Tony
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  JohnOstranica on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:57 pm

jamesransom wrote:Hi John
What a fine tree to work on in the next few years. will be interesting to see the progress.

James
Thanks Jame , I will try to do regular updates ...John

JohnOstranica
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  JohnOstranica on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Tony wrote:
JohnOstranica wrote:Hi Kev ,thanks for the reply .We are in lancshire and have took your advise about the lime ,cheers ....John

Hi John, Lancashire is only a small place, if you ever get over to Ramsbottom give me a shout and YEW can take a look around my Garden Suspect its full of Yamadori Yews and Hawthorns Rolling Eyes

Hi Tony ,Thanks for the offer . Were from preston so its not that far and would love to come and have a look at your yamadori thanks ATB....John

JohnOstranica
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  Phil S on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Great potential. Hope to see an update one day.
I bet you'll be fighting with your mate, to see who gets to keep it! Wink

Phil S
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  JohnOstranica on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Phil S wrote:Great potential. Hope to see an update one day.
I bet you'll be fighting with your mate, to see who gets to keep it! Wink

Thanks Phil , Im a lot bigger than Darren so Very Happy ....John

JohnOstranica
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  cairnsy on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Ha, youre not wrong there John, especially around the waist....do you think you'll be able to catch me runnning with the tree? Laughing

cairnsy
Member


Back to top Go down

Update

Post  anoopr on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Hello John,

Were you able to work on this Excellent piece? Do you have the latest picture of this tree..?? Smile

Regards,
Anoop

anoopr
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Yamadori yew

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:31 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum