Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden.............

+2
Ryan
rickyricardo
6 posters

Go down

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. Empty My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden.............

Post  rickyricardo Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Hello everyone,

Well it is finally feeling like spring around here and my trees are happy, me too! Here are some of the trees in my garden:
[img]My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_014[/img]
[img]My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_015[/img]

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. Empty Re: My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden.............

Post  rickyricardo Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:08 pm

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0023

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. Empty Re: My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden.............

Post  rickyricardo Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:10 pm

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0021
My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0020
My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0019

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

Post  rickyricardo Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:11 pm

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0018
My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0017
My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0013

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

Post  rickyricardo Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:13 pm

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0015
My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0012
My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0009

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

Post  rickyricardo Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:14 pm

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0011
My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0031
My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. 2011_0430odoes0029

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 pm

I love your trees! Very nice! But, can I ask a question about the second Black Pine in the second picture of your second post? I was wondering why you kept that branch down on the lower left. Does that make the left side too "heavy?" I've only been into bonsai for about 4 years now, so this is just my beginners eye, but I did a little virt in MS Paint to show what the tree would look like without that branch, hope you don't mind. Here is what I came up with:

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. Bp

Just my idea.

Ryan

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  rickyricardo Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi Ryan,

Thank you. Yes that branch does bother me. Not only the weight of it but also the shape. I have been told before that I should remove it, I just havent felt ready for that yet. Once it is gone.........it is GONE! I want to make sure that is what I want to do first.

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

Post  -Brent- Sun May 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Ricky,

Some terrific looking trees you got there!

Cheers
Brent
-Brent-
-Brent-

Back to top Go down

Post  dave steventon Sun May 01, 2011 7:54 pm

hi ricky some nice trees you have there .love the craggy bark on those pine trees what type are they?
dave steventon
dave steventon

Back to top Go down

Post  rickyricardo Sun May 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Thanks Brent. Dave the pines are: #1 Ponderosa, #2,3,4 Black Pine and the last pine is from home garden center (Pinus sylvestris 'Hillside Creeper'.)

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse Mon May 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Very nice trees. Thanks for posting them.
Jesse
Jesse

Back to top Go down

My Humble (very humble) Bonsai Garden............. Empty My humble bonsai garden

Post  moyogijohn Tue May 03, 2011 6:53 pm

NOT A humble garden at all!! You have some very nice trees there..be proud !! they look so healthy..take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Great trees.

Is that PVC material supporting your wood benches? If it is then it is very ingenius... PVC is very strong, light, and will not rot (hopefully you put some kind of filler inside the PVC pipes). You are also lucky to have a white background... when viewing, your trees stand out.

My only criticism is that your wood is not weather-proofed or stained. Staining with weather-proofing material lengthens the life of your wood benches... not to mention, your benches will look even better (I did mine this spring). Certain high quality weather-proofing stain can last 3+ years.

- S

Back to top Go down

Post  rickyricardo Wed May 04, 2011 3:25 am

Thanks Jesse, John. "S" that is pvc pipe supporting the benches. The pvc is not filled with anything, no need, they are very thick and strong. You are right, I should have treated the wood, maybe I will this year. It was my first attempt at trying to build benches so I am still learning. By the way i got the design idea for my benches right here on this site. It was a thread titled "show me your benches" or something like that. Lot of great ideas were in that thread. Benches are about 6 or 7 years old.

rickyricardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down