Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unwanted creature while working on J. maple

4 posters

Go down

unwanted creature while working on J. maple Empty unwanted creature while working on J. maple

Post  boon Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:47 am

i work on this Japanese maple today. luckily, i spotted this yellow jacket inside the canopy. it built a next and already laid eggs in every chamber. i used tweezers to grab and kill it.
this is the japanese maple that i worked on today
unwanted creature while working on J. maple Dsc_0011

and the yellow jacket inside and her nest
unwanted creature while working on J. maple Dsc_0012

unwanted creature while working on J. maple Dsc_0014

after light thinning. it is a clump and it is still a few years from showing
unwanted creature while working on J. maple Dsc_0013
boon
boon

Back to top Go down

unwanted creature while working on J. maple Empty Re: unwanted creature while working on J. maple

Post  MACH5 Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:08 am

Hi Boon,

Very nice maple. Any chance of showing pics with no leaves? Those yellow jackets are nasty!
MACH5
MACH5

Back to top Go down

unwanted creature while working on J. maple Empty Re: unwanted creature while working on J. maple

Post  JimLewis Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Is that one tree, or a forest? <g>

The insect is, BTW, a wasp. Still nasty. I'm dodging them everywhere this time of year. Generally speaking if you ignore them, they'll ignore you -- but inside a tree is a different thing.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:19 pm

It looks like this JP has a big trunk, please post up the tree after work.
Nice tree even before trimming.

Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  boon Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:15 am

it is 5 trunk clump. the root is connected. i will try to find the pic and post it later. thanks,
boon
boon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down