Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Pine styled as...er... UK Pine.

+11
bobby little
Ravi Kiran
Ian Young
Dave Martin
Bob Brunt
DangerousBry
Harleyrider
Lone
Pavel Slovák
fiona
kenbu
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Empty UK Pine styled as...er... UK Pine.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Spent the afternoon messing around with a relatively boring forest Scots Pine. After the last Pine I posted, I thought I'd have another go at creating a Pine from our landscape. The tree was wired to the start of the needles and wasn't plucked as I want good strength for further back budding. The more needles left on the branch, the stronger the candles. This was a structural wiring and not a refined placement. Eventually I would like two umbrellas of foliage, the lower on the right side.UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Img_1411

Back to top Go down

UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Empty UK Pine styled as...er... UK Pine.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Relatively happy with the result and sure I will be treaking tomorrow morning. Some branches will be jinned when set. I need a larger backdrop too.UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Img_1412

Back to top Go down

UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Empty uk pine

Post  kenbu Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi Will
Must be windy up your way as all the wire has come off Laughing

kenbu

Back to top Go down

Post  kenbu Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Are that pic was not there 1/2 hour ago . looks good

kenbu

Back to top Go down

UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Empty Re: UK Pine styled as...er... UK Pine.

Post  fiona Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:16 pm

will baddeley wrote: I need a larger backdrop too
Stand further away? I feel a Father Ted sketch coming on.

Nice afternoon's work, Will. A lot of potential in that.

btw B&Q up our way are selling roller blinds at 20% off (the price - not the length!). All sizes and colours, and they also have a type that is a black-out blind which apparently deadens flash if you need to use it. I am heading over tomorrow to get a couple with a view to attaching the mountings to the fence at the side of our patio so I can have a photo area near the trees and in decent light for most of the day.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Hello Kenbu.? The base branch at the back has been moved slightly and the front is a little more to the left.

Back to top Go down

UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Empty Re: UK Pine styled as...er... UK Pine.

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Will

Great job and nice tree. Very Happy I know a lot of pine trees that grow so. I look forward to further developments.ThumbsUp

Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:32 pm

Pavel Slovák wrote:Hi Will

Great job and nice tree. Very Happy I know a lot of pine trees that grow so. I look forward to further developments.ThumbsUp

Gretings Pavel
Thanks Pavel. That was my intension although not that clear at the moment.
I'll be looking aroung B&Q tomorrow Fi. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lone Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Good work - Will - I like your tree.
I have a pine for you to continue working on in a couple of weeks time - also some carwing to do.
see you soon - so take care.

Lone
Lone
Lone

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Instead of a bigger backdrop, how about smaller trees? If you decide to go that route you can always pass this yummy pine over to me Dance
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Hello Lone. Workshop soon comes around doesn't it. Hope the weather is warming up in Denmark and glad you have some good trees to work on. Can't wait to fire up the makita.
Steve. You think this ones big, wait till you see my next Pine.

Back to top Go down

UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Empty RE: UK PINE STYLED AS...ER... UK PINE.

Post  DangerousBry Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:59 am

Hi Will

Lovely looking pine. Fantastic natural look.

I was wondering, where did you get you hands on such a lovely tree. I'm seeking such a tree for my own collection but haven't managed to get hold of anything as yet.
Collection in our local forests were knocked back because of a desease spreading through larch and such.

Cheers
Bryan
DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Empty Re : UK Pine styled as...er...UK Pine

Post  Bob Brunt Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:30 am

Fantastic Will.
My love of the Pines in the UK landscape was one of the reasons I 1st got into Bonsai.Having never seen a pine styled to like them this is both refreshing and inspirational.
Thanks Will. thumbs up
Bob Brunt
Bob Brunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Martin Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 am

Well done Will, I know that Geoff Crowe will approve as well!

Wasn't someone asking what a Scots pine should look recently?
Well theres your answer......

Last edited by Dave Martin on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling/grammar)
Dave Martin
Dave Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Great job Will, refreshing to see one that actually looks like a Scotties looks in Nature (in the UK at least)
Do you use a strimmer for the grass and dandelions jocolor
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Hello Bryan. Can't really help you out as far as getting reasonable Pine material. You could try Chris and the Dragon bonsai crew as they seem to get hold of some good ones.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Ian Young wrote:Great job Will, refreshing to see one that actually looks like a Scotties looks in Nature (in the UK at least)
Do you use a strimmer for the grass and dandelions jocolor

Thanks Ian. I left the grass on purpose as I know a couple of people who see red with weeds in pots but no response so far.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi Will

I like your tree, it looks very natural to me.

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi Will,

That was some remarkable transformation. Still trying to figure out the connect between the before and after pics... It's that good Very Happy I am glad to see that you did not hesitate to bend the lowest branch which was initially growing to the right in the opposite direction. Purists would shun this move and say things like crossing the trunk and blah blah blah, but I have done stuff like this on quiet a few of my trees.. Keep at it. The overall design is very convincing and looks like the highland pines at Scotland.
ThumbsUp
Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Thankyou Yvonne and Ravi. So glad you like it. It's quite difficult to wire branches in a more upward direction when your more used to wiring downwards.

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:42 pm

fine piece of work Will. Very Happy
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  paulf Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Heres a big scots i have - similar to yours in size. Ive just got it out of the soil it was collected in which had set like concrete and was waterproof. I decided that after a big traumatic repot i wouldnt work it too hard so there is only some light structural wiring - and a few very offensive crossing branches were also snipped. It has rewarded me with massive evenly distributed growth - i did remove quite a lot of buds.

It seems that the bavarian method of loads of water and fertiliser in innert substrate is apreciated.

i bought this one at the BTA show last year. not seen one like it in england. iirc it had come from norfolk.

UK Pine styled as...er...  UK Pine. Dsc_3210

paulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Liking it Will; but then again I like pretty much everything you do Smile

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Would it be easyer, if the pot is tiltet, when vireing? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loke Emil Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Will

It feels kind of foolish to chime in and echo what has been said so many times already...But I too like the natural appearence of the canopy. I wonder whattype of pot it's going into eventually?

best regards from

Loke Emil

Loke Emil
Loke Emil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next