Best of British 2011

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best of British 2011

Post  chris on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Things were being set up today, so if your going this is what you have got to look forward to. And if your not going WHY!!!!!

.php?i=241&u=13830582][/url]

chris
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  chris on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Its been difficult to get far enough away to take the pics, I am sure that there will be much better photos posted over the days to come, here is some more

p?i=245&u=13830582][/url]

chris
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Pavel Slovák on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Thank you Chris for nice foto,

I hope you have a nice time at the show. ThumbsUp

Pavel

Pavel Slovák
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Harleyrider on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:10 pm

And if your not going WHY!!!!!

Ask my bloody wife!!!

(BTW Chris, see that last pic of the hillside forest? That's something like what I have in mind. Either Larch or the Silver Birch seedlings I've been collecting for a couple of years)

Harleyrider
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  ogie on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks Chris for sharing,I'm sure it's going to be a success,nice trees

Regards,
Alex/Ogie

ogie
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  chris on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Thank you Pavel, I am looking forward to meeting up with people tomorrow. See you again in November.

Steve, sorry you cant make it, it just shows that Lady must be something.

Regards Chris

chris
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Paul B (Scotland) on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 pm


Hi Chris,

Lovely trees - a nice wee taster of the (Hopefully) many more photos to come this weekend.

Wish I could be there to see them in person. Maybe next time.....

Cheers for now.

Paul

Paul B (Scotland)
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  chris on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks Ogie and Paul, nice to here from you

252&u=13830582][/url]mg.com/image_preview.php

chris
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Harleyrider on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Excellent pics Chris! Viewing room looks a wee bit, shall we say......restricted. Not going to be much room once the crowds appear!

Harleyrider
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  bobby little on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:28 pm

goog;e map just printed, hot to trot. se you's there themorrow Smile

bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

Best of British 2011

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:46 am

Trees all set up now. Something to eat and some beers shared with good company. Tony's asked me to assist Salvatori L tomorrow. Should be a great show, so come if you can. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Russell Coker on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:02 am

chris wrote:Steve, sorry you cant make it, it just shows that Lady must be something.


...or have a firm grip on something.

Russell Coker
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Harleyrider on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:07 am

...or have a firm grip on something.

Yeah......my wallet.

Harleyrider
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Ka Pabling on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Nice trees Chris, good luck and enjoy the show.

Ka Pabling
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Todd Ellis on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Great photos. The large "clumped-raft-group" on the long slab with matching contoured base ... is stunning! The Formal Upright Hemlock (?) Spruce (?) in the shallow roundish irregular pot is stunning as well. All are lovely! Drooling here .... Very Happy
Best, Todd

Todd Ellis
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  cosmos on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Great photos and set-up. Have fun you lucky ones who can make it.

Cosmos

cosmos
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  chris on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks Pabling Nice to hear from you .

Thanks Todd, the larch group is mine and the spruce is owned by Ian Cupeldich

Thanks Cosmos

More pics


chris
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  chris on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:53 pm


&u=13830582][/url]

chris
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Russell Coker on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Harleyrider wrote:
...or have a firm grip on something.

Yeah......my wallet.



No......lower, and in front. Twisted Evil

Russell Coker
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  fiona on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Russell Coker wrote:
Harleyrider wrote:
...or have a firm grip on something.
Yeah......my wallet.

No......lower, and in front. Twisted Evil

That would be good as I am told you have particularly fine knee-caps, Russell.

I have just got back from Day 1 of the Best of British and my impression was highly favourable - and not just because I found a rather nice bike shop beside the station en route to the venue.

Two years ago I felt that there were a number of trees that were of a lower standard than the rest (being a relative term of course as the top ones were outstanding). This year I feel the organisers got this right and there were only one or two that I found myself questioning (again, by no means bad trees). It seemed as if quantity had been edged out for quality and IMHO this was the right move. Lighting a bit better than last time round but still not wonderful.

But all in all a good event which showcases British Bonsai at its best - just what was planned.

A very substantial "well done" to all the organisers.


_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  bobby little on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:16 pm

fiona wrote:
Russell Coker wrote:
Harleyrider wrote:
...or have a firm grip on something.
Yeah......my wallet.

No......lower, and in front. Twisted Evil

That would be good as I am told you have particularly fine knee-caps, Russell.

I have just got back from Day 1 of the Best of British and my impression was highly favourable - and not just because I found a rather nice bike shop beside the station en route to the venue.

Two years ago I felt that there were a number of trees that were of a lower standard than the rest (being a relative term of course as the top ones were outstanding). This year I feel the organisers got this right and there were only one or two that I found myself questioning (again, by no means bad trees). It seemed as if quantity had been edged out for quality and IMHO this was the right move. Lighting a bit better than last time round but still not wonderful.


you're shorter than I thought you'd be.
But all in all a good event which showcases British Bonsai at its best - just what was planned.

A very substantial "well done" to all the organisers.


bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  John Brocklehurst on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:44 pm

A few shots from the show, I hope you enjoy them.
















John Brocklehurst
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Guest on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:26 am

A beautifully hot day in Birmingham today. Very hot in the demo tent but Fiona came to the rescue with two....Yes TWO, tubs of ice cream. Great to finally meet up with Bobby Little and Mike Rose and great to see Smithy again too but all too fleetingly. Lots of lurkers too. Have taken plenty of pictures to post soon. Even hotter forecast for tomorrow. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Guest on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:40 am

will baddeley wrote:A beautifully hot day in Birmingham today. Very hot in the demo tent but Fiona came to the rescue with two....Yes TWO, tubs of ice cream. Great to finally meet up with Bobby Little and Mike Rose and great to see Smithy again too but all too fleetingly. Lots of lurkers too. Have taken plenty of pictures to post soon. Even hotter forecast for tomorrow. Very Happy

...Sounds like a happy IBC reunion Will. please post the pictures of the lurkers too. Very Happy have fun all of you (with envious tone)!

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  chris on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:27 am

Hi everyone, just of for another day at the show, its going to be good weather again, another chance to look around the tree and we will find out today which tree has won. There are plenty of contenders!!!!
See everyone later and I will take some more pics.


chris
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British 2011

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:24 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum