DRAGON ROCK repotted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DRAGON ROCK repotted

Post  mike page on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Trying a new way to look at DRAGON ROCK. I feel that it has more of a landscape appearance with the long pot. As I round up more moss, I will cover more of the "ground"
Height is about 24 inches.
On the first Sunday of most months a group of bonsai friends meets at my place to work on their trees and get help if they want. I usually set up a display for their viewing pleasure and critique. Below is my dieplay for Feb. 6th.

mike page

Back to top Go down

Re: DRAGON ROCK repotted

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:01 am

This is a very nice composition Mike. the long pot is perfect. it will work well even without the scroll.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:11 am

Hi Mike,
Its good to see people thinking about the display element. If this is the "end" product of the production of Bonsai and I personally think it is then it is good to be aware early on of the way that the tree sits within a space. I love the image of the tree and rock and all be it the pot is close to being right I cant help feeling its still a little heavy and the wrong color, it may be improved with a clean and oil. A table is needed and a thin burr wood slab would suit even better. The space we have to display is never big enough and this is a great example of where another four foot would improve the image greatly. I like the direction of the scroll and the color complements the rock well.

Thanks for the post

Regards Chris

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey Mike,

The whole composition... the tree, the rock, the tray, the scroll and the accent is PICTURE PERFECT ThumbsUp

What more can I say....

Ravi

Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi Mike.

Really like your composition. Really beautiful. Very Happy ThumbsUp

Pavel

Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Thanks all for your comments. Very much appreciated.

Mike

mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum