Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

young yet full of fruits-tamarind

+10
my nellie
DreadyKGB
Mohan
jrodriguez
Jerry Meislik
Todd Ellis
peewee1974
Ravi Kiran
Brett Summers
Khaimraj Seepersad
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

young yet full of fruits-tamarind  - Page 2 Empty Re: young yet full of fruits-tamarind

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:30 am

moyogijohn wrote:Well a nice and interesting tree!!! Good to hear from you again....i have never seen this tree i don,t think...both of them look good,i guess they are just in the tropics welcome back take care john

Thank you very much John!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

young yet full of fruits-tamarind  - Page 2 Empty Re: young yet full of fruits-tamarind

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:14 am

Jun,

that second tree has a lot of potential, will be watching.

Now those are new combinations, ochro / tamarind and dascheen / tamarind, always interesting to see what everyone else is eating.

Yes, Mohan that is also how I look at the Tamarind - love the power in the trunk and branches, the delicate orchid like flowers [ on our side, they are greenish yellow or reddish yellow], and just a very few of the brown pods here and there.
Also very stunning is when the tree is budding back with the bright jade green, and for a short while the soft leaves will weep like a willow.

I'll drop some shots of the above in two months or so.
Later.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:28 am

Thanks Khaimraj!
a good portion of that second tree is buried under the soil together with the nice nebari. Haven't seen it for a long time now, sigh!...patience is a (very bad) virtue.hehehe.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Two for you Jun,

one of these is the child of the tree I have posted in the other topic, where I am looking for old tamarind trees.

Hopefully the one in the round pot will come out of the major repotting. I really liked the first branch but the rest of tree was junked.

I may also remove the section above the second branch in the rectangular pot. Time will tell.
Ages, probably over 10 years as both have flowered and fruited.
Until.
Khaimraj

young yet full of fruits-tamarind  - Page 2 Ibc_ju10

young yet full of fruits-tamarind  - Page 2 Ibc_ju11
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Meislik Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Khaimraj,
I like the trunks on your little Tams.
Jerry
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks Jerry.
Hopefully next time it will be, I like your branches etc. chuckle.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  daiviet_nguyen Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:43 am

Hi Jun,

I like this little guy, perhaps one of the cutest fruit tree I have seen. And also smallest tamarind with fruits I have seen too.

I have seen a mature one during an exhibition in Thailand: http://ausbonsai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5775

Please go to photo 60.

Do you use the young fruit and leaves to make sour soup (for eating) Jun?

Best regards.

daiviet_nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi Daiviet,

Thanks! the photos on your link are very impressive.

I eat all of the fruits when they got ripe. i can eat half a kilo of ripe tamarind, a very good source of vitamins...hehehe.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Good to see you back and active Jun. I myself am checking back in after a bit of a hiatus due to being a high school basketball coach. The season is not over, but I should be more actively browsing the forum now that things have settled down a little bit. I am glad to see you posting though as you were one of the members when I joined last fall, that really took some time explaining a couple of things...anyway...nice tree!
Jesse
Jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2