Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

semi cascade lonicera possible or not??

3 posters

Go down

semi cascade lonicera possible or not?? Empty semi cascade lonicera possible or not??

Post  jason Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi all. Hope everyone's well. I've recently acquired 2 unwanted lonicera plants from a friends garden; one has a very promising trunk and will be a lovely tree in time. However the other is posing more of a challenge. It has a trunk that is upright but naturally bent in such a way that looks like a cascade(if potted at an angle that is). I have been looking on the net and have not been able to find any cascade semi or otherwise lonicera. I have asked friends who do bonsai and have had mixed answers. So I was wondering if it was possible to grow these trees in this form? Thanks in advance.

jason

Back to top Go down

semi cascade lonicera possible or not?? Empty Re: semi cascade lonicera possible or not??

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Which Lonicera? L nitida should make a good cascade. The larger leaved ones would probably work as a larger cascade, as I've seen full sized ones growing like that, cascading over garden walls.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

semi cascade lonicera possible or not?? Empty lonicera

Post  jason Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:16 pm

sorry,yes its l nitida,thanks for that kev,I dont suppose by any chance you might know were some pics of said plant might be?

jason

Back to top Go down

semi cascade lonicera possible or not?? Empty Re: semi cascade lonicera possible or not??

Post  miguelpc Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:57 am

Don't forget that you have to find the nebari to make that decision.
It could be a very nice slanting trunk! Smile

Regards, Miguel

miguelpc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down