Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark)

+34
coh
Ryan
Andre Beaurain
lennard
Dreamcast
yogesh
Leo Schordje
Ashiod
dexworks
jupp
MikeG
Sakaki
dick benbow
Hank Miller
my nellie
AdamG
moyogijohn
Ravi Kiran
gope
FrankP999
Budi Sulistyo
Chris Peters
landerloos
Peter Svetoslavov
bontailo
Rob Kempinski
Ingvar Nilsson
Jerry Meislik
Storm
Rudi_G
bonsaisr
Khaimraj Seepersad
JimLewis
ogie
38 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark) - Page 9 Empty Re: Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark)

Post  fiona Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 am

Dear Kimo, I laud your defence of Yvonne - she is blessed to have a good friend like you. However, on this occasion she, and you, are quite simply wrong.

Please think a bit longer about that policy. It is clear to us that it refers to the initial posting of an image and the need to ensure that we do not post "stolen" images on this site.

However, once an image is on IBC it is then able to be used by other members within the confines of the forum. In other words it is perfectly okay to repost an image via the Quote button to give praise as many do, or to provide an example of something that has come up in the discussion as happened in the case that caused the problem.

If this were not the case then essentially every time anyone used the QUOTE function and reposted someone else's image. This is quite clearly NOT what is intended. Indeed, if you take almost any thread on this forum you will find instances of people having reposted others' images by using the quote function. What you suggest would mean that every time a member Quoted, they would have to PM the original poster to ask their permission to do so. This is quite simply not what the AUP sets out to do. If it helps set your mind at rest then we will reword the AUP accordingly.

Regarding Yvonne, I note that in another thread she says that she is taking a break. I too believe Yvonne contributed enormously to the forum and I hope she will return some time.

Fiona
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark) - Page 9 Empty Re: Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark)

Post  leatherback Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:24 am

Hi Fiona,

Thx for this clarification. i think that a sideline in the term reflecting what you just wrote, would reduce the possibility of misunderstandings in the future.

Cheerrs,

Jelle.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Fiona, thanks for that explanation of the forum term in question.

leatherback wrote:Hi Fiona,

Thx for this clarification. i think that a sideline in the term reflecting what you just wrote, would reduce the possibility of misunderstandings in the future.

Cheerrs,

Jelle.

This is a good idea since many of the members here don't have English as there first language.

Ryan wrote:Shame that one little argument ended her involvement here. Now we'll never know how these beauties develop Sad

My thoughts exactly.. hopefully she will be back soon.

Kimo, being her FB friend and all, please, make sure she know she is missed already. Smile
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Dreamcast wrote:... ...Kimo, being her FB friend and all, please, make sure she know she is missed already. Smile
Yes, please!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Pls don't make such a big thing about this. She's done this before and I'd bet she'll be back.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:14 am

JimLewis wrote:Pls don't make such a big thing about this.  She's done this before and I'd bet she'll be back.

Mr Lewis,

It is not just about Yvonne. It is more on clarifying the Rules of the forum, so that future misunderstandings might be avoided.

Kimo

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:47 am

Yvonne has emailed me and I have sent her a nice response. Let's just give her a bit of space to breathe for a while.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:52 pm

JimLewis wrote:Pls don't make such a big thing about this.  She's done this before and I'd bet she'll be back.

mmm the news arrived to me today at Yvonne has left IBC,  I still think it would be common sense to ask the person that posted the photo if one can use it in a other topic.

Jim I think you have it wrong here, Yvonne has never left the IBC before.
Your also wrong if you think she will be back, I know her very well.

kind regards
Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:01 am

I'm still here.....hihihihih hihi hihii

Love and Light
Beaurangel
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next