Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Fulkien Tea is losing it's leaves

3 posters

Go down

My Fulkien Tea is losing it's leaves Empty My Fulkien Tea is losing it's leaves

Post  suerowbotham Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:43 am

My Fukien tea is losing it's leaves, I am not overwatering so can someone possibly give me an idea of what is wrong? Crying or Very sad
suerowbotham
suerowbotham

Back to top Go down

My Fulkien Tea is losing it's leaves Empty Re: My Fulkien Tea is losing it's leaves

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Where is the tree being kept? Indoors, outdoors, full sun, shade, etc.

How do you know you are nor overwatering?
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

My Fulkien Tea is losing it's leaves Empty Re: My Fulkien Tea is losing it's leaves

Post  suerowbotham Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi Billy, I am probably watering once maybe twice a week, but only water when the soil is dry, I keep it on a windowsill indoors, Something has changed because it has only just started dropping leaves in the last week or so.
suerowbotham
suerowbotham

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:49 pm

suerowbotham wrote:Hi Billy, I am probably watering once maybe twice a week, but only water when the soil is dry, I keep it on a windowsill indoors, Something has changed because it has only just started dropping leaves in the last week or so.

Indoors is tough on all plants and that would be reason enough, but has the light coming in the window changed with the season? Have you closed up the house? Are you using heat? (Heat can lead to drying out of plants.) Is the window closed or open?
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  suerowbotham Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:34 pm

It is darker in the morning here in the UK but we have this silly rule about turning the clocks back in wintertime so it is lighter in the morning now and darker at night Confused
The house is the same temperature, maybe slightly more heat as the nights are turning cooler here. The window has been closed ever since I had the tree. The root is a little bit loose in the pot, could that be the cause ?
suerowbotham
suerowbotham

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:50 pm

suerowbotham wrote:It is darker in the morning here in the UK but we have this silly rule about turning the clocks back in wintertime so it is lighter in the morning now and darker at night Confused
The house is the same temperature, maybe slightly more heat as the nights are turning cooler here. The window has been closed ever since I had the tree. The root is a little bit loose in the pot, could that be the cause ?

No matter what the "Time Wardens" say the tree gets the same amount of light. However, in winter we get less daylight and what light we do get comes at a reduced angle so it passes through more atmosphere than in the summer, this all results in less light to the plant. This time of year an indoor plant is usually going to get the most light in a southern window (unless blocked by trees or buildings) I would start checking the soil with a meat skewer or chop stick for moisture. With less light the plant will grow less, but with more heat it will dry out more quickly. Fukien Tea can be funny about water.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

My Fulkien Tea is losing it's leaves Empty My Fukien Tea

Post  bonsaisr Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:19 pm

I suggest you give it to someone with a fluorescent light setup or a greenhouse.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down