Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Nursery Sequoiadendron 'Glaucum'

+2
Kev Bailey
Anthracyte
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Nursery Sequoiadendron 'Glaucum' - Page 2 Empty Re: New Nursery Sequoiadendron 'Glaucum'

Post  Dan Barton Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Anthracyte wrote:
Dan Barton wrote:
Yes, you could try using some strong (5-6 mm) aluminium wire or you could strap it to a straight metal rod with some adhesive tape. You could do this at anytime but I think early spring would be my choice.

cheers,

Dan

Thanks Dan, very helpful. I'll look at getting some aluminium wire. Is this better than copper?

If you use copper wire then wrap it first with some masking tape to prevent it from marking the bark of the tree.
Dan Barton
Dan Barton

Back to top Go down

New Nursery Sequoiadendron 'Glaucum' - Page 2 Empty Re: New Nursery Sequoiadendron 'Glaucum'

Post  Anthracyte Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Dan Barton wrote:
If you use copper wire then wrap it first with some masking tape to prevent it from marking the bark of the tree.

Really appreciate the hints and tips. Thanks again.

Anthracyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthracyte Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:10 pm

sunip wrote:Hi Antrahacyte,
Here a Glauca of me, bought it a 5 years ago and never did anything with it,
apart of giving him a bigger pot and some feed and water.
Like mine i think you could use a bamboo stick to straighten the stem.
Dan's nice tree gives a little hope.
Why you do not try Taxodium, it is a lovely species to?
Sunip Wink

Hi Sunip, I've not heard of the Taxodium but just had a quick look at it on google. Looks very pleasant actually, I might look into this! Very Happy

Anthracyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2