Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update

+21
Gary Swiech
sunip
Ryan
Robert Jablonski
Hombre
Pavel Slovák
coh
Ravi Kiran
jupp
AlainK
Andrei Darusenkov
siriwatn
ogi uyehara
Seth Ellwood
Victrinia Ridgeway
Jonny D
Todd Ellis
stavros
eric sanders
Mike Jones
rolandp
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update Empty Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update

Post  rolandp Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Dear Bonsai friends

Here is a story from my Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard which was designed on a Slovenian bonsai club picnic (with a lot of help from our president Tomaz:))

Mai 2009 - This is the first picture taken while working on a tree
Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update 2009-05-18pacipresa000

Mai 2009 - This is the end result of the first transformation

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update 2009-05-18pacipresa002

September 2009 - This is how the tree looked after 5 months after firs styling

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update 2009-09-25pacipresa011

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update 2009-09-25pacipresa008

JUN - 2010 This is the tree today. In spring it was reported in a bonsai pot (it is not the final pot)

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update 2010-06-13pacipresa014

All comments, suggestions, ideas, critics are very welcome.

Best Regards,
Roland

Last edited by rolandp on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update Empty Re: Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update

Post  Mike Jones Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Fantastic stuff Roland and what makes coming to this forum worthwhile.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update Empty Re: Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update

Post  eric sanders Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:03 pm

very nice work and great result,but i think the tree can lose a couple off branches.
when it grow,s free it,s very full,and i think the empty spaces between the branches will give the tree a older look.
but that,s a idea,and still great work Very Happy
eric sanders
eric sanders

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Lovely tree thumbs up
Personally i would also consider removing some foliage to create bigger empty spaces, but that's just me.

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks for all you comments. In reality the tree looks a bit different, especially regarding the empty space, so I’m confident that there is enough empty spaces between the branches...but who knows...tomorrow the tree may show me some new dimension....so I will have all suggestions in mind..Smile
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Fantastic job in styling this tree. It already has the look of great age. You must be proud! I wish I could find material like this to "start" with! Please keep us posted in its progress. Salut, Todd ThumbsUp
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny D Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi Roland,

A very nice result in a very short period of time! Well done! What was the source of the raw material?

Jonny.

Jonny D

Back to top Go down

Post  Victrinia Ridgeway Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Love the image of the tree... It has a lovely mature feeling to it. More spacing/deadwood would start it down the path to feeling ancient. But for all that, I love it's current image. The only thing I am musing about is whether the jin (which is coming straight at the viewer) might not be a better feature as an uro vs a jin? Or carve it clean and let it heal over... Something to contemplate anyway...

Kindest regards,

Victrinia
Victrinia Ridgeway
Victrinia Ridgeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ellwood Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Very nice tree and styling .It will only get better the farther it progresses.

Seth Ellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  ogi uyehara Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:01 am

nice one, cheers I love it!!! Bagpiper
ogi uyehara
ogi uyehara

Back to top Go down

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update Empty Re: Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - 1st year progress

Post  siriwatn Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:00 am

Bonsai from this very beautiful. Appreciates the frankness Very Happy
siriwatn
siriwatn

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrei Darusenkov Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 am

Roland, thanks! Just excellent. I'm starting to change my mind as to whether Boulevard is appropriate for bonsai! Smile

Andrei Darusenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Beautiful!

I keep telling my friends here in France that a lot of very nice stuff is now coming from Eastern europe.

Keep on the good work.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks for all comments, it gives me additional energy and of course new aspects and ideas...

John the source of the raw material is a regular nursery and lots of luck Smile

Victrinia I agree with you regarding the jin and I have to do something with it..Not shore what, but I will change this.

Regards, Roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:29 am

Dear IBC members.

I like to show you the update of my Chamaecyparis. Not much has changed in this year but its developing nice.

The plan for the next steps is to change the Jin and make a Uro, to develop the foilage on the left side of the top and to change the pot in to a oval, brighter and a bit les high pot.

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update 2011-06-13pacipresa015
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  jupp Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 am

great roland thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
jupp
jupp

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Excellent tree Roland. Every one of the branches is perfectly positioned. Keep em all.... The beauty of this tree is in its simplicity and its closeness to a tree in nature...

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Tree looks great, thanks for posting the update. Helps to have great starting material - what was the source for this tree? I've got a nursery specimen (quite a bit smaller) that I'm trying to figure out what to do with...was hoping for a formal upright like this but don't think it has the basic branch structure to support this style.

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:20 am

Jupp and Ravi thanks for your nice reply. I’m glad you like the tree.

Chris thanks for your comment. The source of this tree was also a nursery and a bit of luck Smile
This is the tree after purchase in the local nursery (2009-03).

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update 200903pacipresa000
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 am

Hi Roland

Very nice tree. Very good work and development. Congratulations. ThumbsUp

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks Pavel. Im glad you like it.
Im already looking for the right pot.
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm

The Chemaecyparis got a new pot and some additional adjustments. Very Happy

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update Dsc7426ss

Regards, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Hombre Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:51 am

Great tree Roland and very good progress.

Best regards Lazaros.
Hombre
Hombre

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Jablonski Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:37 am

A very impressive tree, I like it.

Can you tell me, how high is the tree?

Regards
Robert
Robert Jablonski
Robert Jablonski

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks Lazaros and Robert. I'm glad you like it. Very Happy

Robert Jablonski wrote:

Can you tell me, how high is the tree?

Regards
Robert

I didn't measure the tree, so for now I can only give you some orientation. The pot is 60 cm wide, so the tree is appropriately 80 cm high. At the begining of this post is also a photo of the first styling which can be used as size orientation (for reference there are two persons next to the tree, Tomaž and me).

I will measure the exact hight today and get back to you. Smile

Cheers, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next