Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should i buy this um so called starter maple?

+2
JimLewis
dinosmash18
6 posters

Go down

Should i buy this um so called starter maple? Empty Should i buy this um so called starter maple?

Post  dinosmash18 Tue May 04, 2010 12:55 pm

should i hmm plz reply
$27.99 with pruning tools and book[url=Should i buy this um so called starter maple? 51pdxd11]
dinosmash18
dinosmash18

Back to top Go down

Should i buy this um so called starter maple? Empty Re: Should i buy this um so called starter maple?

Post  JimLewis Tue May 04, 2010 1:10 pm

That would be an amazing buy for $27.00, BUT . . . I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you would not received THAT tree, but a maple twig that in 20 years might turn into that tree.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Should i buy this um so called starter maple? Empty Re: Should i buy this um so called starter maple?

Post  dinosmash18 Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

i reckon so as well
dinosmash18
dinosmash18

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue May 04, 2010 1:27 pm

I'd bet my dollars (sorry - you simply ain't getting the doughnuts!) that somewhere on the ad you'll find in very very small print something that says it is not this actual tree you will get but one that could look similar. That's the standard online sales get-out clause among the unscrupulous traders.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  DreadyKGB Tue May 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Actually I believe that image is of one of Walter Pall's trees. It looks very much like one of his maples.

Last edited by DreadyKGB on Tue May 04, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

Should i buy this um so called starter maple? Empty should i buy maple

Post  alex e Tue May 04, 2010 2:03 pm

JimLewis wrote:That would be an amazing buy for $27.00, BUT . . . I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you would not received THAT tree, but a maple twig that in 20 years might turn into that tree.

NO!!!!! No NOT even a twig probably one of those magical "Bonsai seed kits"
you know the ones were you plant a seed and by magic it germinates into a
perfect bonsai NNNNOT!!!!

Alex e
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  geoff Tue May 04, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm sure it's a Colin Lewis tree featured in Dave Prescott's "The Bonsai Handbook" and I think he would be dismayed to know it's only worth $27.
Geoff

geoff

Back to top Go down

Post  dinosmash18 Wed May 05, 2010 5:55 am

JimLewis wrote:That would be an amazing buy for $27.00, BUT . . . I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you would not received THAT tree, but a maple twig that in 20 years might turn into that tree.
thanks a lot guys
dinosmash18
dinosmash18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down