Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

b. Tutorial on posting pics

2 posters

Go down

b. Tutorial on posting pics Empty b. Tutorial on posting pics

Post  JimLewis Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:10 pm

And now, how to post a picture.  This tutorial covers three different ways of posting an image depending on where you keep your photos (host location):

Index

1.  Posting images held on your own computer
2.  Posting images held on Photobucket
3.  Posting images held on Flickr  
4.  Posting images from other photo sites
5.  Posting images using an Android smartphone

BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER CAN WE ASK YOU PLEASE TO MAKE SURE YOUR PICTURES ARE CORRECTLY ORIENTATED IN YOUR HOST LOCATION.
Many of our members find standing on their heads quite difficult  Very Happy

b. Tutorial on posting pics 3144832828_047fcdbdaf_m

b. Tutorial on posting pics IbcTrees
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

b. Tutorial on posting pics Empty Posting images held on your computer

Post  fiona Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 pm

The first thing to know is that the image you get in your post is not directly linked to IBC from your computer. The system uses a hosting service called Servimg and an account with this service is set up for forum members the first time they post an image.

First, click on the box the Arrow (pointer) is pointing at in pic # 1. (You should get a legend saying Host an Image when you hover over the icon before you click it).

b. Tutorial on posting pics Screen10

You will now see this box:  

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up10

Click Select File.  This allows you to select an individual picture for uploading.  You should select your image from whatever location you have it stored in.  Then click Open on your location folder.

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up16

Alternatively, you can use the Drag and Drop facility. Just select your image from its location and drag and drop it into the dialogue box liek this:

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up24

Whichever you do, it adds the image to the dialogue box as per the next picture.  Now click Send All.  

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up14

Now you will see a new command appearing - Insert All.  Click on this.

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up23

This automatically sends the image to your post. Look at your post and you will see this:

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up12

You can go into the post at this time and add captions and other text. Just click on your post where you want to add your text and write away.

Once you hit Send at the end of your post as per normal, your image will appear in your post with whatever text you have added.

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up26

Now for the sweet bit.   Cool

You can now upload multiple images without having to repeat the upload action over and over.   Very Happy

Here's how.

Let's go back to here:

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up17

This time, I'm going to select all four images.  I can either select all four and press Open as we did for the single image.  But far more simple is to highlight them then drag and drop them into the box as shown.

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up19

Then I click Send All again. The four images will appear in a list.  

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up21

The Insert All command will appear again.  Click on this and all of the images will upload at the one time.

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up22

What you will see in your post is this:

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up18

At this point you can click your cursor on to your post and add whatever explanatory text you want to each image.  We recommend that you also add a space in between images so it isn't as hard on the eye for the viewer.

b. Tutorial on posting pics New_up20

Last edited by fiona on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:38 pm; edited 14 times in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

b. Tutorial on posting pics Empty Posting images held on Photobucket

Post  fiona Wed May 02, 2012 10:56 pm

If you already have a load of your bonsai images on Photobucket and don't want to move them, then you can link to them using the following method:

In Photobucket, load the image you want to use then click on the image (IMG) Code. This should automatically copy it.

Now just click in the text pane of your post at the spot you want your image to appear, and paste the image code. You will see it appear like this:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Photob10

Then just click SEND and that should be it - your image will appear in the published post.

You can also use the Link button and paste the IMG code into the drop down box then press OK, but it really only does the same thing.

Thanks to Will Baddelely for working this out for me ThumbsUp

Last edited by fiona on Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

b. Tutorial on posting pics Empty Posting images held on Flickr

Post  fiona Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Similar to Photobucket. Open the image you want to use from your Flickr account. At the top left is a button marked SHARE.
Click on this then select the Grab the HTML/BBCode option from the drop down box.
Select the BBCode radio button and a piece of code appears in the window. Highlight and Copy this.
Then simply click your cursor into the text box of your post where you want the image to go and Paste in the code. It should look like this:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Flickr10

Again, simply click SEND and bob's your uncle.

Thanks to Will Baddelely for working this out for me ThumbsUp
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

b. Tutorial on posting pics Empty A plea regarding using external photohosting sites

Post  fiona Thu May 03, 2012 11:31 am

A plea to the users of Flickr, Photobucket or other external photohosting sites:

1. Remember, if you subsequently remove an image from your photohosting site, it will also be deleted from IBC. For this reason, we prefer members to use the internal system.

2. Sometimes people post their images as links to their external photohosting site (e.g. https://2img.net/h/i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/fionnghal/Buxusonslab.jpg) This works of course, but it means the readers then have to follow that link away from the post. Some members don't have any problem with this but others find it a bit distracting - especially when there is some text related to the picture back on the post and you are having to toggle between the two.

As we saw in the previous two posts, it's so easy to link your images from Flickr etc directly into the post text pane, so this would be our preferred method if you are posting images using an external photohosting site.

Last edited by fiona on Fri May 04, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

b. Tutorial on posting pics Empty Other photohosting services

Post  fiona Fri May 04, 2012 5:04 pm

We'll try to establish how you do this as and when we come across other services.

imgur:
Under your image click Get Embed Codes then over on the pane that appears on the right, click the Copy icon under BBCode (message boards and forums). Simply then paste that into the text pane on your post where you want the image to appear.

A word of caution; if your original on imgur is a big file, click on Large Thumbnail (it's one of the size options under the embed codes) to get the image a reasonable size above, otherwise the original might take up the whole page and overwhelm the readers.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

b. Tutorial on posting pics Empty Posting images using an Android Smartphone

Post  JimLewis Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:52 am

1. First,  search for the Internet Bonsai Club on your phone's internet browser.  

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_110

2. It seems easier to use the Classic version of the forum for uploading images so switch to that if your phone hasn't defaulted to it.

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_210

You then need essentially to follow the steps as if you were  posting from a computer:

3. First, select (or create) the thread you want to post to. I'm going to post a Reply to a thread in Bonsai Questions.

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_310

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_410

I've located the thread so I will now tap Post Reply

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_510

The reply window opens as per normal

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_610

4. Then, go to the photo posting icon. That's the middle of the three blue ones.  

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_710

5. Touch it and you should get this:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_810

Essentially what you are doing is eactly as you would for posting from a computer

6. Now click on Choose File and you should get this option:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_910

7. Click Camera and then take your picture.  On my phone it looks like this after the photo has been taken.  I then click on the tick:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_1010

8. You will then get the Host it screen:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_1110

9. Click Host it, and you will get this:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_1210

10.  Now comes the tricky bit.   You need to know how to call up the sliders that allow you to highlight text on your phone.  On mine, all I do is touch and hold.  It is the middle line you want.  It looks like this:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_1410

At the top of my screen now is a line of commands. The first one I click is Select All:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_14b10

11. The text now should have been highlighted (remember it's the middle line you want). Then I touch Copy:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_1510

12. Once I have touched Copy, I move over to the text pane where I want the image to go. I tap and hold for a few seconds and I get the Paste icon appearing:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_1610

13. Tap on that and you should now see the image code appearing:

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_1710

14.  Now all you have to do is go to the bottom of the message window and hit SEND.

You should then have your image on the screen.  

Voila!

b. Tutorial on posting pics Pu_1910

And thanks to GreenLarry for the suggestion for how to post right-side-up pictures from your phone:

Go into your phone's settings and turn off Auto rotate. If you take a photo on a phone when its held upright the image is rotated to landscape portrait by default.

(This assumes (on my part) that all phone cameras have that setting).
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

b. Tutorial on posting pics Empty Re: b. Tutorial on posting pics

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down