Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know what this white stuff is?

2 posters

Go down

Does anyone know what this white stuff is? Empty Does anyone know what this white stuff is?

Post  DanW Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi all,

Just joined the forum. Thanks for having me.

I got this tree about 2 months ago. It wasn’t in great shape. Most of the leaves were gone. I changed it’s environment and new leaves starting coming back.

However, this white stuff started popping up all over it. Is it mold? I found ants on it. It looked like they were eating it the white stuff...

This is my first bonsai.

Thanks for any help.

DanDoes anyone know what this white stuff is? 6d739a10
Does anyone know what this white stuff is? F9a43810
Does anyone know what this white stuff is? F86f0e10

DanW

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know what this white stuff is? Empty Re: Does anyone know what this white stuff is?

Post  DanW Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Does anyone know what this white stuff is? Image10

DanW

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know what this white stuff is? Empty Re: Does anyone know what this white stuff is?

Post  Marty Weiser Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Looks like wooly aphids to me. Physically remove as many a possible and keep the tree healthy and you may not need to use an insecticides. Insecticidal soaps or neem oil are often enough for infestations in bonsai that can't be handled with physical removal. I reserve the stronger stuff for nasty infestations and even then spot spray.

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Post  DanW Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Thanks Marty. After looking that up, I think you’re right. Thank you for the advice!

DanW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down