Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Greetings!

+7
bumblebee
bonsaisr
Henrik Stubelius
Ed Trout
John Quinn
Kev Bailey
Jay Gaydosh
11 posters

Go down

Holiday Greetings! Empty Holiday Greetings!

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:17 pm

To my American bonsai compadres...

Happy Thanksgiving.

To the rest of the IBC Community, please feel free to share our US opportunity to give thanks for all our blessings, stuff our faces with tasty tidbits, watch some of your favorite sporting events and pass out in your favorite lounge chair. Dance

Santa's santa just around the corner.

In my best Politically Correct lingo: Happy CristmaHoniQuanzmas to all, and to all a Merry Near Beer!

Have a great weekend and bew careful on Black Friday!

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Holiday Greetings! Empty Re: Holiday Greetings!

Post  Kev Bailey Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:31 pm

Pumpkin Pies and best wishes to all of our American members.

I'm single but dog sitting for the weekend, so will be celebratin' with ya!
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:39 pm

No one's eaten it yet??
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed Trout Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:16 am

Fiona,

That pumpkin pie looks fantastic ! But I have to wait until I'm full of turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, hot biscuits, cranberries, etc, before the pies. 4 days off !! Eating, watching football, and working on trees. Can't get any better than that ! Thankful is what I am !

Happy & Safe Holidays Everyone,

Ed Trout

Ed Trout

Back to top Go down

Post  Henrik Stubelius Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:50 am

Bloody unfair... We could sure use a nice holyday like that to lighten up the dark, wet, windy, soggy, depressing, dull, boring, pale and sad swedish autumn, did I mention dark, wet and windy? Now you got me hungry as well... mashed taters... turkey... stuffing... hmm, maybe got a piece of hard swedish rye bread somewhere and some pickled herring if I'm lucky....
Henrik Stubelius
Henrik Stubelius

Back to top Go down

Holiday Greetings! Empty Happy Thanksgiving

Post  bonsaisr Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:26 am

Thank you to everyone. Henrik, don't you have surstromming to lighten up the fall, nowhere but Sweden?
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:15 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Libby

bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:17 am

Fermented herring ...yum! Suspect
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Holiday Greetings! Empty Before and after progression..

Post  dorothy7774 Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:35 am

Before..

Holiday Greetings! Funny-10

After..

Holiday Greetings! Animat10

HAPPY TURKEYS EVERYONE!!

dorothy thumbs up
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Henrik Stubelius Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:44 pm

bonsaisr wrote:Thank you to everyone. Henrik, don't you have surstromming to lighten up the fall, nowhere but Sweden?
Iris

I only tried it once, never again... like John said, it's fermented for Gods sake! It's more common in the north of sweden where they also drink their coffee with salt... Smile
Henrik Stubelius
Henrik Stubelius

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Happy holidays to you guys over the pond Dance

Henrick... I love pickled herring... send me a food parcel.

Fiona... Is that low fat double thick Devon Clotted Cream? ...and you made the pie with your own fair hands?

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:47 am

Your pumpkin pie went quite well with my turkey and dressing. And we had whipped cream on top!

Libby

bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:31 am

Henrik Stubelius wrote:Bloody unfair... We could sure use a nice holyday like that to lighten up the dark, wet, windy, soggy, depressing, dull, boring, pale and sad swedish autumn, did I mention dark, wet and windy? Now you got me hungry as well... mashed taters... turkey... stuffing... hmm, maybe got a piece of hard swedish rye bread somewhere and some pickled herring if I'm lucky....

Henrik I know what you mean, the same in Denmark, very depressing indeed, now I know why there are so many alkoholiks in Scandinavia Twisted Evil Wink

Happy hollidays to the members over the big koipond rendeer

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Well , I'm back from the 5 day Thanksgiving holiday. Our family did quite well, no one killed any one, which always a big plus.

My wife works in a large grocery store. She said we were very lucky to have canned pumpkin pie already on hand. Del Monte (I believe) has their tractors buried in the mud and the pumpkins are rotting in the field. Her store (and the others as well) have sold out of pumpkin with no idea when more will be available.

We may have to resort to rading local pumpkin patches and making pies for Christmas from scratch.

Otherwise, thanks to our brothers and sisters across the pond for the kind best wishes.

Fiona, I'll take another slice of that pie you made, if it's still available! cyclops

I go most of the year pumpkin pie free, but for November and December, its all on for the PP.

LAter,

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:57 pm

Key Lime and Lemon Meringue you could PM a slice of either one and I would be in heaven!

Something to do with bonsai... HMMMM!

I'm 6 screws away from completing the cold frame. Once done, I'll resurrect the thread and put up more photos. All the trees are in it, but we haven't been much below freezing until this week. Supposed to get to 21*F Wednesday night. I still have to install the heater. If I put the temperature controlled outlet high enough it should keep the bottom trees at a proper hybernating temperature while allowing the the less hardy trees to stay just above freezing.

There is still a little room for some more trees, should the forest grow more next year.

All the tropicals are either at work or in the basement.

Next project, installing the automatic watering system in the basement.

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Henrik Stubelius Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:44 am

I hate it when I come home from work late at night and get hungry from your food talk!! Evil or Very Mad
Now I'm starving...
Henrik Stubelius
Henrik Stubelius

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:09 am

I do however, have some Key Lime Pie you could have.

Key Lime Pie -- in Scotland????

Where, pray tell, do you get the key limes -- they ARE different from "limes" you know.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 am

JimLewis wrote:
I do however, have some Key Lime Pie you could have.

Key Lime Pie -- in Scotland????

Where, pray tell, do you get the key limes -- they ARE different from "limes" you know.

That is true, but my brother-in-law made his key lime pies this year from the big limes I picked off my tree. Nobody could tell the difference! Don't lnow what kind of limes I have. They turn yellow almost like a lemon when ripe.

Libby

bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:28 am

Henrik Stubelius wrote:to lighten up the dark, wet, windy, soggy, depressing, dull, boring, pale and sad swedish autumn, did I mention dark, wet and windy?.
I don't know what your electric power rates are like, but the cure for long, dull, dark winters is to grow tropical bonsai under fluorescent or HID lights. Jack Wikle has been doing it even longer than I have.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:06 am

I go to visit my pal who has a SAD light. Works wonders and without the worry of skin/suntan problems! But I believe in a past life I must have been a creature that hibernated as it sounds like a darn fine idea to me.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down