Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiwan 2009

+15
Budi Sulistyo
Rob Addonizio
mehrdadchavosh
anttal63
jrodriguez
peter krebs
xuan le
amazonida
Russell Coker
Dustin Mann
leonardo
NeilDellinger
Jerry Meislik
mr treevolution
Jose O. Rivera
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taiwan 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Taiwan 2009

Post  dorothy7774 Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:15 pm

jrodriguez wrote:Luis,

Some of the ficus bonsai you see in the pictures are 15 to 20 years old. Others are a bit older. Considering that Taiwan bonsai history is only about 50 years old, the advancement on bonsai is astonishing.

By the way, ficus bonsai history in Taiwan dates about 300 years, but NONE of the ficus you see in the pictures is from that period.

Kind regards,
Jose Luis

Incredible! Thanks for the info, Jose Luis.

-dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  bontailo Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Indeed, most ficus in this gallery is over 30 years, parts of them over 50 years. The oldest one is no 7, that nearly 300 years from Tainan City. The Owner : Su Chen Wuen.
Taiwan bonsai is gredually popular after second world war . Before that also popular in Tainan,Chung hua & Lu Kang city , ficus is the only variety in that age.

Min Hsuan Lo
bontailo
bontailo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose O. Rivera Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:52 pm

bontailo wrote:Indeed, most ficus in this gallery is over 30 years, parts of them over 50 years. The oldest one is no 7, that nearly 300 years from Tainan City. The Owner : Su Chen Wuen.
Taiwan bonsai is gredually popular after second world war . Before that also popular in Tainan,Chung hua & Lu Kang city , ficus is the only variety in that age.

Min Hsuan Lo

Thank you Mr. Lo, who is better to clarified the age of this wonderful ficus. This ficus impact my life...... silent Shocked
Jose O. Rivera
Jose O. Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustin Mann Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:54 am

Thank you so very much for posting incredible photos of Ficus from show Jose Luis. Mr. Lo, thanks for factual information on ages of the trees. It is always a surprise. The No. 7 fig I would never have guessed because first two branches look young(at least compared to Lo's microcarpa figs). Saw Jim Smith(Durastone USA) yesterday and he showed me his first(and oldest) Ficus Salicaria that had top blown off from Hurricane Wilma. Many others he has have larger/detailed trunk/nebari and twists to branches. Was very surprised. The origional owner of tree usually most accurate historian. Jim is graciously donating a number of his Ficus trees to permanent collection to preserve history. What a great human being facing pain/suffering at this time. He mentioned that his oldest fig strunk by Hurricane Wilma on his wife's birthday. Her name is Wilma. Dustin Mann

Dustin Mann

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:23 am

I guess Jose Rivera is not happy with my reply, since my qualifications and knowledge on the subject of Taiwanese bonsai do not please him.

Thanks Lo Min Hsuan for corroborating the estimates i shared with the other members and congratulations on your wonderful event. You outdid yourself, honestly.

Rob Addonizio,

The tree in my avatar is a Rhododendron in He Huashan mountain in Taiwan. The ramification is spectacular and i have learned a lot from observing this tree. earlier this month i had the pleasure of seeing it again. Eachand every time i go to He Huashan, I contemplate diverse learning experiences. Taiwan is truly blessed and i love it as a second home.

Kind regards,
Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2