Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vietnamese stone

3 posters

Go down

Vietnamese stone Empty Vietnamese stone

Post  niceal Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:35 am

This's the stone that I'm always looking at. Because it remind me about "Dao Yen" means Bird Island placed in Nha Trang city,Viet Nam, my fatherland !
Can u show me some idea better plz? thank so much friend!
Vietnamese stone 4_39-121
Vietnamese stone 4_images2
niceal
niceal

Back to top Go down

Vietnamese stone Empty Re: Vietnamese stone

Post  Mark Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Niceal,
I like your Stone very much! To me, it appears as a sumi-e painting of Dao Yen. You present a better sense of Dao Yen with your Stone than with the color photo of it.
Your stone is very powerful. It is difficult to feel the spirit of a stone through a photo on the internet and yet yours speaks. Thank you for sharing.
To improve presentatation, you might consider adding water to the sand in the suiban and placing the Stone on a smoothed surface.

Mark

Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Can you share a photo of the stone without sand piled high to create the bottom section of a waterfall. Often, a dry waterfall is more expressive if the stone offers it.

Mark's suggestion of a calm sea (or merely open space) with sand smoothed flat rather than informally rough would elevate the stone's presence for me, but I am more familar with Japanese-style suiseki presentation than Vietnamese.

Potomac Viewing Stone Group in Washington DC USA has two members from Vietnam with extraordinary stones. One has a worldclass collection of natural rootwood sculpture that is often included in stone appreciation exhibits. He prefers white, finely-grained sand like you have shown in his tray presentations. It is very different from Japanese suiseki presentation where the sand has subtle earthtones and a grain that is more coarse.

Is the Japanese term "suiseki" is properly applied to Vietnamese stones or their presentation? Wood seating & tray presentations are artistically distinct.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down