Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a hunch about weather

2 posters

Go down

a hunch about weather Empty a hunch about weather

Post  dick benbow Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Here in the Pacific northwest, winter has been more....well, spring like. The other end of the country has had horrendous snow storms and accumulations.
I get jealous comments from friends ravaged by the storms, thinking our position is better off, but I don't think so.
I'm frankly afraid to proceed with repotting as i expect a cold event at anytime that could kill or set back decades of work. I recently downsized from a place that had protection to a place with nothing set up yet.
Having resided here for over 40 years, I know the weather habits and routines. So all I have to go on is a hunch, that a sucker punch is waiting in the wind.
I quess that's the challenge of any hobby always something new to be faced and challenged with...the more you learn the more you realize is out there to continue
to learn from Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

a hunch about weather Empty Re: a hunch about weather

Post  augustine Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Dick,

How about creating a make shift greenhouse(s) by placing plastic tarps over picnic or patio tables. Works well and is cheap and easy.

Good luck.

Augustine

augustine

Back to top Go down