Weather again grrr

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weather again grrr

Post  FrankP999 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Last week temps here in Georgia were 75-80 degrees and my maples went from buding to tiny green leaves. Bald cypress are greening up also. I have already repotted a few tridents. Now the weather forecast is a freeze warning for Monday night. I have to do the old move the plant shuffle tomorrow and move trees back to protection.

FrankP999

Back to top Go down

Re: Weather again grrr

Post  coh on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:08 pm

I've been doing the "plant shuffle" all winter, it's been so changeable. This week - more of the same. 50 (F) two nights ago, now below freezing and going down to 10-15 the next 2 nights, then back up to near 60 F on Wednesday...followed of course by another cold snap! Ah, spring...fortunately most of my potted plants are still quite dormant.

coh

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:28 pm

My Trident in storage just started waking up this week, in checking my trees a few days ago I noticed the first hint of green in the buds! "not yet.. not yet" I said to him but alas I will be sifting Turface today as I fear its to late.. This is a tree that I bought from a southern nursery last year and I think it's still on its habituated "deep south" schedule.
-Jay

drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:44 pm

I have been casually telling people "... this is Winter's last big gasp! ... for the past few weeks... only to be reminded that the new 2 inches of fresh snow outside tells me otherwise. The forecasters say up to 4 inches. Repotting will have to wait until later this week. My tridents started to show green this week and I have about a two week window to get them repotted with good success.
Todd

Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:11 pm

One of the times I am glad being down south. Next time I complain about the summer heat, please remind me this. scratch

Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum