Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with a design, pitch pine

3 posters

Go down

Help with a design, pitch pine Empty Help with a design, pitch pine

Post  giga Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:39 pm

This guy is ready for a style and it has exposed roots and was found on a cliff and is older then it looks,by the age of the bark at least. I was thinking about twisting it very twisty and bringing it down to the base. I could use some help with a drawing or virtual as im not very good at either. Also does anyone know how I should treat a pitch pine, in terms of candle pruning n such?

Help with a design, pitch pine Imagejpg1_zps981ef576

Last edited by giga on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
giga
giga

Back to top Go down

Help with a design, pitch pine Empty Re: Help with a design, pitch pine

Post  Vance Wood Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Really??? If it is advise you want you will have to do a better job of posting a more complete picture of the tree.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  giga Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Wow ur fangs were out, it is a complete photo, not sure what's going on
giga
giga

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:54 pm

giga wrote:Wow ur fangs were out, it is a complete photo, not sure what's going on

My appologies. If this is all there is to the tree you have essentially posted the picture of a stick in a pot. I have no clue what to tell you; this is beyond me.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  tmmason10 Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Definitely hard to see what's going on in the picture but at this point a virtual might not be necessary. I'm going to be doing some very similar work on a pitch pine soon and will just be bending for an interesting shape. I have a thread over on bonsai nut about this. I don't know the specifics but I have nick lenzs book to refer back to, I strongly suggest you purchase his book for the species info.

I twisted a 1-2 year old seedling and there is a blog post coming about that in a few weeks. I plan on developing more pitch pine in the coming years.

tmmason10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down