Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saved from the Bulldozas

3 posters

Go down

Saved from the Bulldozas Empty Saved from the Bulldozas

Post  darky Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:10 am

Saved from the Bulldozas Img_1510

This tree was collected from an area that was to be reclaimed for a 4 lane Highway. So before the bulldozers went in we saved some trees. This was in 2004.
Another Melaleuca rhaphiophylla split trunk . This is before a prune. I will show after the prune.

Last edited by fiona on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo's)

darky

Back to top Go down

Saved from the Bulldozas Empty Re: Saved from the Bulldozas

Post  darky Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:12 am

Saved from the Bulldozas Img_1511

This is after the prune.

Regards Darky

darky

Back to top Go down

Post  Auballagh Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:18 am

Wow, nice work!
That's an amazing tree, but the species is something entirely new to me.  How do you keep those things?  Like a juniper?  A pine maybe?  
Or, something completely different?  Embarassed
Auballagh
Auballagh

Back to top Go down

Post  darky Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:10 am

Auballagh wrote:Wow, nice work!
That's an amazing tree, but the species is something entirely new to me.  How do you keep those things?  Like a juniper?  A pine maybe?  
Or, something completely different?  Embarassed

Being an Australian native, they are treated like most other trees keep them moist, but because they are swamp dwellers they can be kept in water in our hot dry summers. They do like to be fertilised with any type of fertiliser, but not too high is phosphates.
I use one that has an NPK rating of 14% N 4.4% P and 23% K. S Alternating with one with a higher N in the cooler months and I am growing them on.
Pruning is very simple just prune when they get out of shape, either trim like a hedge, or more like the juniper.

Regards Darky

darky

Back to top Go down

Post  Down Under Jason Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:41 am

Very lovely tree, and looks very nice after the clean. The trunk looks awesome  Very Happy 

The only decent one I have was purchased last year (Mel. Incana), am will hopefully be taking it along to the workshop on the coming monday. Will post a photo when I'm not too embarrassed  Embarassed The rest I've got are all a few years away from looking anything like bonsai lol but they are definately my favorite

Thanks for sharing Smile

Down Under Jason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down