Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a lucky find

2 posters

Go down

a lucky find Empty a lucky find

Post  dick benbow Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:34 pm

One of the hardest things for me to find for my displays is tenpai, figurines of people or animals, structures etc. Yesterday as I made my rounds of antique stores and the St Vinnies of the world I ran across the attached figure. Hand carved from wood, this fisherman stands about 14 inches from head to foot. The fishing pole extends it furthur. Ten dollars plus tax (here about another dollar) Normally I try and work the price but felt the asking price was already more than fair.

Ia lucky find Img_3124

This doesn't happen very often, but often enough to keep me making the rounds......Smile

I can see this used with a scroll of a river scene and a willow for the bonsai
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

a lucky find Empty Re: a lucky find

Post  logan3 Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:23 pm

Nice score Dick, thrift stores are my favorite places to hunt, also garage sales. I've found quite a few great things, pots with chops, scrolls an other bonsai related items. Good Hunting Pete

logan3

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:00 am

I ran over to a nearby asian shopping mall and found a temorary sale on things from china. Figured I was on a roll so picked up this table and root stand for a great price. never rains but it pours.....a lucky find Img_3127
a lucky find Img_3128
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down