Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The very few blackpine in Indonesia

3 posters

Go down

The very few blackpine in Indonesia Empty The very few blackpine in Indonesia

Post  Robert Steven Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:27 am

Not many blackpine bonsai found in Indonesia, and very few good materials, no yamadori, mostly grown from seed.
I was lucky to find few reasonale materials recently, and this is one of them....

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_5010\

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_5011

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_5012

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_5013
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

The very few blackpine in Indonesia Empty Re: The very few blackpine in Indonesia

Post  marcus watts Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:31 pm

hi Robert,

do you think the main branch lines conflict a bit too much with each other at the moment ? some are up a bit, some level, some are down a bit - it is more deciduous in feel than pine. Personally I think the best curve in the trunk is already quite hidden too, once the foliage fills out properly into a nice pad it will be invisible.

they should grow well there though, they love warmth & frost free conditions, this one has really good needle colour and looks like it has grown to this size really quickly.

hope all your show plans are going well- it looks fantastic

cheers Marcus

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

The very few blackpine in Indonesia Empty Re: The very few blackpine in Indonesia

Post  Robert Steven Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:08 am

Thanks for your comment Marcus.

If you are talking about the common way how pine is set into bonsai, yes, normally the branches are set in straight line, but if we are talking about nature, I don't think there is anything wrong. I also keep the apical dominant apex shape for a pine because this is the common mistake how people shape their deciduous bonsai as pine with such manner.

Re. Hiden trunk line. Yes, you are right, this is my concern as well. To be honest, I am not very satisfied with this style yet, it is too formal and all the line will be covered later especially in this size. Maybe I will cut off more branches to expose more line and create more empty space...more simple style. LOL, the movement also need to be improve, either to the right or to the left...

Once again. Tks !
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:38 am

Sifu,

could you keep updating the work on this and any other pines you have.
I would be very interested in your comments.
Thanks in Advance.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks Khaimraj, I will.

Here is another one I have and I have another just about to style tomorrow...

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_0810
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Here is onother blackpine today...

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_5110

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_5111

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_5112

The very few blackpine in Indonesia _mg_5310
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down