exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  priya uthama on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:46 am

here are some pictures from the exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia
This exhibition was attended by more than 400 bonsai

enjoy sunny
jogjakarta:


Casuarina equisetifolia

Ficus

Ficus Microcarpa

Ficus Long island

Boxus harlandii

Carmona Mycrophilla

ficus

Phempis acidula

Ileng ileng (local name)

Trihapsia trifolia

Trihapsia trifolia

Phempis acidula

Phempis acidula


Celtic chinensis

Malphigia glabra

Jeruk Swiss (local name)

Wrightia religiosa

Casuarina equisetifolia

Carmona Mycrophilla

Podocarpus

Zelkova

Celtic chinensis

Carmona Mycrophilla

Chinese Elm

Carmona Mycrophilla


Last edited by priya uthama on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:22 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : give the Species name Tag)

priya uthama
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  newzealandteatree on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:05 am

Some very nice trees there. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, CJ.

newzealandteatree
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  sunip on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:13 am

Hello Priya Uthama
Beautiful trees.
One feels there is a long bonsai tradition in Indonesia.
Sunip Wink

sunip
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  priya uthama on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 am

sunip wrote:Hello Priya Uthama
Beautiful trees.
One feels there is a long bonsai tradition in Indonesia.
Sunip Wink

thank you Sunip

as we know, bonsai is an art which is known in the world since long, I think almost all countries have a tradition of bonsai

priya uthama
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  Tatang Nuryaman on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:50 am

Thankyou for share some beautiful photo Mr. Oeoet.. Embarassed

Tatang Nuryaman
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  jrodriguez on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:11 pm

priya uthama wrote:
sunip wrote:Hello Priya Uthama
Beautiful trees.
One feels there is a long bonsai tradition in Indonesia.
Sunip Wink

thank you Sunip

as we know, bonsai is an art which is known in the world since long, I think almost all countries have a tradition of bonsai

In fact, Indonesia has a bonsai tradition that is about fifty years old. Great advancements in the art have been accomplished. By studying the PPBI (Perkumpulan Panggemar Bonsai Indonesia), starting from their first publication in 1989, the First ASPAC Album (Bali Indonesia) and every subsequent publication, you will definitely conclude that Indonesia has improoved dramatically, to the point of being able to achieve a purely Indonesian bonsai style. Also, having the late Ismail Saleh (former Indonesian Minister of Justice) played an important role in the development of the art. Sanctioned by the government, bonsai art was promoted as a non-oil export commodity, which served as an economic incentive for Indonesian bonsai artists to better the quality of theri product.

Blessed by being the largest archipelago on earth, Indonesia has volcanic island that home a wide variety of plants, even some that are unknown to modern taxonomists (Example: Gulo Kemantung/Hanging Sugar).

Japanese bonsai master Mr. Shinichi Nakajima and his late father, were regular visitors to Indonesia in the early days. Working with Pinus mercusii (Indonesian Red Pine), Juniperus procumbens, Tamarind and Ficus, these two exemplary masters taught advanced shaping techniques to early bonsai pioneers. After that, the development of bonsai art in Indonesia took its own course. Later, Pemphis acidula (Santigi), Casuarina equisetifolia (Cemara Udang) and Triphasia trifolia (Jeruk Kimkit) became sought after species. In fact, it was in the 1rst ASPAC in Bali that Mr. Nursalim of Tanggerang shocked everyone with his Pemphis acidula bonsai. To some, Mr. Nursalim is considered to be the father of Santigi bonsai in Indonesia.

Bonsai is practiced seriously in Indonesia. Competition has certainly played its role in raising the bar of Indonesian bonsai. There are several bonsai centers in Indonesia, which sell quality trees. Below, some of them:

1) Pluit (Java)
2) Tanggerang (Java)
3) Puncak (Java)
4) Malang (Java)
5) Sanur (Bali)

These are only an example of places where you might find beautiful trees.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  priya uthama on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Tatang Nuryaman wrote:Thankyou for share some beautiful photo Mr. Oeoet.. Embarassed

no problemo Mr.Tatang sunny

priya uthama
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  priya uthama on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:29 pm

jrodriguez wrote:
priya uthama wrote:
sunip wrote:Hello Priya Uthama
Beautiful trees.
One feels there is a long bonsai tradition in Indonesia.
Sunip Wink

thank you Sunip

as we know, bonsai is an art which is known in the world since long, I think almost all countries have a tradition of bonsai

In fact, Indonesia has a bonsai tradition that is about fifty years old. Great advancements in the art have been accomplished. By studying the PPBI (Perkumpulan Panggemar Bonsai Indonesia), starting from their first publication in 1989, the First ASPAC Album (Bali Indonesia) and every subsequent publication, you will definitely conclude that Indonesia has improoved dramatically, to the point of being able to achieve a purely Indonesian bonsai style. Also, having the late Ismail Saleh (former Indonesian Minister of Justice) played an important role in the development of the art. Sanctioned by the government, bonsai art was promoted as a non-oil export commodity, which served as an economic incentive for Indonesian bonsai artists to better the quality of theri product.

Blessed by being the largest archipelago on earth, Indonesia has volcanic island that home a wide variety of plants, even some that are unknown to modern taxonomists (Example: Gulo Kemantung/Hanging Sugar).

Japanese bonsai master Mr. Shinichi Nakajima and his late father, were regular visitors to Indonesia in the early days. Working with Pinus mercusii (Indonesian Red Pine), Juniperus procumbens, Tamarind and Ficus, these two exemplary masters taught advanced shaping techniques to early bonsai pioneers. After that, the development of bonsai art in Indonesia took its own course. Later, Pemphis acidula (Santigi), Casuarina equisetifolia (Cemara Udang) and Triphasia trifolia (Jeruk Kimkit) became sought after species. In fact, it was in the 1rst ASPAC in Bali that Mr. Nursalim of Tanggerang shocked everyone with his Pemphis acidula bonsai. To some, Mr. Nursalim is considered to be the father of Santigi bonsai in Indonesia.

Bonsai is practiced seriously in Indonesia. Competition has certainly played its role in raising the bar of Indonesian bonsai. There are several bonsai centers in Indonesia, which sell quality trees. Below, some of them:

1) Pluit (Java)
2) Tanggerang (Java)
3) Puncak (Java)
4) Malang (Java)
5) Sanur (Bali)

These are only an example of places where you might find beautiful trees.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

Your knowledge of the history of Indonesia bonsai really impressed me Jose study

Regards

Priya Uthama

priya uthama
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  priya uthama on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:18 pm

add some pictures,
The following other images taken by my friend

pamnas yogya part II:



















priya uthama
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  Katoom on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 pm

wow! very nice trees indeed.

btw priya uthama, can you also post the tree species?

thanks for posting.

cheers!

jon

Katoom
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: exhibition in Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:59 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum