Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Glazed Slab Pots

2 posters

Go down

Some Glazed Slab Pots   Empty Some Glazed Slab Pots

Post  mrcasey Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Hey guys!  

This is the result of the first glaze firings from a newbie potter.  I'm having problems getting all the feet level.
As you can see from the pictures, I'm also getting some warping along the rims.  I'd love some frank and honest
critiquing.  The rectangles range from 6 to 9 1/2 inches long.   The cascade is about 7 inches tall.                              

Some Glazed Slab Pots   New_0011

Some Glazed Slab Pots   12_4_113

Some Glazed Slab Pots   12_4_117

Some Glazed Slab Pots   12_4_118

Casey

mrcasey

Back to top Go down

Some Glazed Slab Pots   Empty Re: Some Glazed Slab Pots

Post  Marty Weiser Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:09 am

They look good. All but the green one would be more than welcome in my garden - the green is nice, but just not my style. Some minor warping along the rim is a sign of being handmade in my opinion.

If the warped feet cause issues in sitting level, grind them a bit. A rotary tool with the correct diamond/SiC (silicon carbide) bit for rough work. A flat plate with SiC paper and water lubricant to finish the job.

That is unless you can find a shop with a nice large diamond wheel - try glass blowing studios, rock/gem shops, and ceramic studios in that order if you want the higher tech approach.

Last edited by Marty Weiser on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down