Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle

+6
Stone Monkey
Jay Gaydosh
Rob Kempinski
fiona
Harleyrider
bonsai monkey
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Empty Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle

Post  bonsai monkey Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 am

Hi guys, I would like to share and get some advice on one of my latest trees.
On a family camping holiday I stumbled across a Bonsai nursery undergoing a referb. As you can imagine it was all a bit upside down but I did manage to find this little(?) beauty at a more than reasonable price Very Happy

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Lor110

As many of you are aware this size of tree (16” H x 14” W x 5”Neb) is a little on the large size for me, point in fact it’s still a “does it stay or does it go” tree, but I fell in love with the deadwood I love you

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Lor_de10

So here’s the rub, any ideas?? The local “Tea & Biscuits” brigade came up with a couple of ideas but I was looking for something a bit more constructive and stunning to match the nebari.

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Lor210

Love, Peace & Bananas,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Empty Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Im sure yuo could turn this into a shohin. what about removing the piece that sticks out the top? Looks like youve got a very full canopy to shorten and wire. This could be stunning!

Back to top Go down

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Empty Re: Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle

Post  Harleyrider Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Look into my eyes..........
You feel an uncontrollable urge to pass this tree onto someone else, preferably someone who rides a real bike and lives further north than you.Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle SMILEY28
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:26 pm

If your one of the Kent crew going to BURRS, then this is the tree to take. Im sure Tony will help you turn this into a stunner!

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Harleyrider wrote: You feel an uncontrollable urge to pass this tree onto someone else, preferably someone who rides a real bike and lives further north than you.
Wot! You mean me? Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Thumbs11
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanx for the positive feedback on my tree.
It's nice to see that I've actually purchased a tree that other people might want!!!! Very Happy

Will
I'm interested that you think that I could make this into a Shohin. That was my first hope and I think you could be right but once I got the tree home I want into panic mode and couldn't force myself to be ruthless. The part poking out of the top contains one of the live veins and it looks that at some point the crown had 2 or 3 more live areas but I do agree that this should go (unlike some who suggested that I could make a nice crown from it!). I'm glad to see that I'm not going mad to cut this part out!!

Yes I am one of the "Kent Crew" making the journey to BURRS and I now think that this little fellow could well be making the journey. I'll keep you all posted after it's been touched by the Tickle Wink

Thanx again,
Okk, Okk,
Simon

Last edited by bonsai monkey on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't smell for toffee!!!)
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:24 pm

You're straying into the realms of fantasy again, Fiona. A rusty Chopper does NOT constitute a real bike.

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle LOSERSMILEY

I was thinking more along the lines of

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle MESMILEY
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:34 pm

funny eh! this is what I said I was interested in and I had never seen the tree!

Simon... this is a great little tree... perfect Chuhin.

all it needs is tidying up... bring it along for sure

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Nice tree. Fine and old looking deadwood. Don't carve it too much or it will lose that natural look.

I find it interesting that you all over in the land of our language's mother tongue use a Japanese word instead of a perfectly good English word - "medium" size. king affraid alien cyclops
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:I find it interesting that you all over in the land of our language's mother tongue use a Japanese word instead of a perfectly good English word - "medium" size.

Ha Rob... you just want to open a can of worms...

Bonsai.. a Japanese word... tell you what... lets just call them little trees cheers

As we say on our side of the Pond... the UK and USA... two countries... separated by a common language.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Harleyrider wrote:.Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle MESMILEY

Is that a Schwinn?

How about a nice 1984 Triumph?

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:17 pm

Engines is CHEATING.

Get some real pedal power Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle S427410
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:23 pm

fiona wrote:Engines is CHEATING.

Get some real pedal power Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle S427410

Is that a Glengarry, a Tam or a Bonnet?
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Look forward to seeing the results! Just hope you can find a way around the language barrier. Sorry to interupt the bike thread by the way!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Jay Gaydosh wrote: Is that a Glengarry, a Tam or a Bonnet?

None of the above.

It's a bunnett of the cycling variety - to be worn with cycling semmit and drawers. Laughing
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:08 am

When cycling I never wear a helmet, but I do wear drawers. Shocked

I do prefer "cheater" to peddles!
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:16 am

Simon

Good BURRS material mate. After seeing it at the club the other week IMO I would go with taking out the long straight part leaving the small compact tree. Good bit of kit mate and after a weekend at Burrs you will find that you will decide to keep the tree Twisted Evil

All the best fellow Monkey monkey

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:57 am

Thanx for all the positive comments guys and I will defo keep you posted on its progress. I now to feel that this Medium sized tree will make a stunner and will become the Body & Soul of my Little Tree collection. I’m sure that the styling won’t get lost in translation Will although I have fallen foul in my use of Japanese terms so maybe I should stick to the Queens English.

Tony
You must be tele-pathetic my friend. Have you done the Lottery this week??? Twisted Evil

Rob
I wasn’t going to really touch the deadwood apart from tidy up the back section between the live veins and lose the telegraph pole deadwood this the small foliage clump making the tree look like its wear a syrup. The main body of deadwood looks a bit like waves, pretty apt as it came for the seaside (no Fiona, not Kent) although there do appear, in my eyes, a few serpents heads in there!! But all in all I do agree with you to leave well alone.

As for my Biker Buddies
The more Monkey see, the more Monkey love!!
Having said that, never say never and a wheelbarrow full of bananas large enough could aid a swap with Stone Monkey for his Yew that I’ve had designs on for ages Wink

Okk, Okk,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:24 am

Come on Simon, at least 3 barrow loads of nanas monkey Oh and the Yew will be going to Burrs for a 60 minute makeover, well at least a good dose of wiring as it has had a bit of a rest for the past 18 months Rolling Eyes

All the best

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Empty Snore Monkey

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Stone Monkey wrote:Oh and the Yew will be going to Burrs for a 60 minute makeover, Rolling Eyes Andy

As I have a lot of visitors flying in from the four corners of Europe, could I put out a request for those attendees who have spare sleeping bags and are willing to let our friends use them for the weekend let me know... and can you bring them bounce

Back to top Go down

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Empty "I don't snore that much"

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:50 pm

Thanks for that Mr T Sad

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Empty Confused Tree?

Post  bonsai monkey Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi guys, confused of Maidstone here!!

I took this tree to Burr’s and found a few problems, but that’s a story for another day, but to cut a long story short it ended up with a short back & sides just to give me a starting point for the New Year. Well, today I noticed that the little bugger is starting to flower!!! Now, according to my books Lonicera’s flower in the Spring, so is my little tree confused and will this set it back at all? She seems kinda happy with plenty of new growth and at least 5 bunches of flowers ranging from 2-4 flowers per bunch and by the looks of it plenty more to come!!!!

I’ll try and post some pictures tomorrow to show you where the tree is at,
Okk, Okk,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Gæst Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Yes, confused it is. Flowers in spring and berries in autumn. Maybe the global heating is warming up too much Rolling Eyes

Regards
Morten

Gæst

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:10 am

Sorry about the lack of pictures but the camera battery was dead so I've put it on charge for 2nite. Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Icon_evil

I take it that it would be a good move to remove the flowers* at this point in the year so as not to stress the tree, would that be right?

Okk, Okk,
Simon Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Icon_monkey

*After I've taken some pictures of course!!
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Chuhin Dwarf Honeysuckle Empty a very wet and miserable Tony

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 am

That's It...! I am moving from the wet cold North of England to the balmy shores of the South... Bl**dy Lonicera flowering in November...

I either move... or take up water polo... we have had over 20 inches of rain in the last three weeks in my garden... and less than 20 days of uninterrupted sunshine all year... this is the third BAD SUMMER in a row... it is so bad that I am installing a large greenhouse to stop my exhibition trees from getting a soaking all the time, and to let them have a little warmth.

oh... Remove the flowers Simon.

a very wet and miserable Tony No

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next