Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going back to collect a bougie i fell in love w/ in d past(still there confirmed), need tips on collecting

4 posters

Go down

Going back to collect a bougie i fell in love w/ in d past(still there confirmed), need tips on collecting Empty Going back to collect a bougie i fell in love w/ in d past(still there confirmed), need tips on collecting

Post  J.Enecio Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:19 pm

I went to my wifes hometown a while back for a pre nup photo shoot and while taking pictures at the beach i saw some bougie glabra leaves and red flowers, it was spread in a very tall thick round bush, i looked under and saw a beautiful gnarled trunk slantingat a 40degree angle the base was around 1ft wide.  If not for my then fiance, her mom, and a crew of 4 photographers waiting on me i would have gotten to work on it hahaha.  I had forgotten for the most part all about this tree until i came across a couple bougie threads in bonsai discussion(pics of collected bougie) a light turned on in my head and what a coinsidence because ill be going back to that town tomorow for my wifes mothers bday...  Ive never collected a bougie before but i do have 2 in development.  Any important tips on collecting?  Keep in mind its on a beach with fine white sand. Ill be bringing a plastic tub with drainage holes, and some super thrive, equipment i should be able to barrow from my wifes father who has a wood furnature factory in the town. Is there anything more specific ill need and anything i need to know b4 i leave for my trip tomorow?

Fingers crossed ill have some pictures on a succesful bougie collecting to share withen the week.

Thanks in advance
Jeff
J.Enecio
J.Enecio

Back to top Go down

Going back to collect a bougie i fell in love w/ in d past(still there confirmed), need tips on collecting Empty Re: Going back to collect a bougie i fell in love w/ in d past(still there confirmed), need tips on collecting

Post  Twisted Trees Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Dig it up then replant it. I hope that helps!
Twisted Trees
Twisted Trees

Back to top Go down

Going back to collect a bougie i fell in love w/ in d past(still there confirmed), need tips on collecting Empty Re: Going back to collect a bougie i fell in love w/ in d past(still there confirmed), need tips on collecting

Post  J.Enecio Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:24 am

Imensly, thank you for the detailed response, you really covered all fasits of collecting trees in the wild haha... But i get the point, nothing specificly different about bougies on the beach collecting wise. Good simple dig out, and re plant, strate forwad thank you.
Jeff
J.Enecio
J.Enecio

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelJ Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:24 pm

How did you approach getting permission to dig it out? I always find that to be difficult.

MichaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:40 pm

hm.. philipines vs USA. I coul dimagine that attitude of local coucils may be a bit different Very Happy
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Enecio Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:33 am

I did not get a chance to collect it yet because our trip was cut short but i have gotten permission. Like most big undeveloped properties in the philippines the actual owner looked at the property once to decide if its a good investment and has not been back since. For now there is a family living on the property either with permission from the owner or not (hardly makes a difference). Eitherway its theirs until the owner shows up haha, these people as you can imagine are very willing to accept 200pesos($5) for that bush growing over there in the corner they will even help dig it up, not to mention point out other bushes i could buy haha. That was just because i wanted permission, honostly it would have been ok to just start digging like everyone in the area had suggested but incase it was dear to someones heart other than mine, i decided to ask first... My bougie is still there, ill be back fir her soon
J.Enecio
J.Enecio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down