Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus parviflora 'Adcock's Dwarf' - 1st Styling

2 posters

Go down

Pinus parviflora 'Adcock's Dwarf' - 1st Styling Empty Pinus parviflora 'Adcock's Dwarf' - 1st Styling

Post  Lost2301 Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:38 am

This is my 2nd attempt at styling a pine tree. This is a dwarf tree and is some where around 30" tall x 20" wide, very slow growing and tiny needles. I am looking for feedback on styling job. I can see a few things that need to be changed just by looking at the photo. Strange how you do not see them when staring at it for hours? The jin work is not finished on purpose, probably going to shorten them up.

I would welcome any comments!

Thanks,

Mike

Pinus parviflora 'Adcock's Dwarf' - 1st Styling 00110
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Pinus parviflora 'Adcock's Dwarf' - 1st Styling Empty Re: Pinus parviflora 'Adcock's Dwarf' - 1st Styling

Post  Russell Coker Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:41 pm

If it were mine I would have started by wiring each trunk from the bottoms to the tops. Even if your plan is to style this tree as an upright clump they still need movement and placement. Looks like now you are concentrating on branch placement and form, and that should NOT come first. Position and style the trunks first, then move out to the branches.

Just my thoughts.

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Pinus parviflora 'Adcock's Dwarf' - 1st Styling Empty Re: Pinus parviflora 'Adcock's Dwarf' - 1st Styling

Post  Lost2301 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi Russell,

Your absolutely right I should have started on the trunk! I realized that after I was almost done. I may have to redo some things. Sad

Thanks for your reply.

Mike
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down