Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress

2 posters

Go down

acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress Empty acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress

Post  Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:00 am

I bought the tree as a cheap containerplant in 2009....it had a beginning of training as a broom, with a nice fat nebari...the pot was deep, and the rootball very dense...as I "opened up" during the Winter, could I see the rootball in the one side, had compleetely taken ower...two fat roots placed high in a another "corner", and the rest of the nebari was empty pale 

After pruning hard on the rootball, and cutting away forks, and create what was the future front, did the tree look like quit small and empty  ....later next year did the tree look like this  
acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress Img_0410
This was 2012

During the Winter did I Again cut back the strong roots.....also had I during the summer 2012 pruned the strong roots a Little from the surface...and again this summer...I can not recomment this summerpruning, unless you know your roots exacly
acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress Img_3115
This is today showing were the two strong high root were...the root-empty side did this summer gave a nice strong root, witch give me hope for a good future for the tree, I almost regret I bought

acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress Img_3116
front
I did not repot this Winter, but kept the tree as was in the yellow pot...during this summer was the tree nice potbound and I carefully moved it to the bigger green pot...the tree has been potbound in this pot for some time now Smile....the low left branch is removed. 
acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress Img_3117
back...look forward to see what I have, after the leafes fall..

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress Empty Re: acer palmatum " Kiyohime" progress

Post  JimLewis Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 pm

That is an especially nice little tree, Yvonne. How tall is it?
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi Jim

The tree is only 22 cm tall 26 to the very top....I am not planning to keep it small. want it big.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Very nice tree Yvonne. I've been wanting one for a while.

Have a great week!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down